No announcement yet.

NBA Basketball 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally delusional. Duncan is top five all time. He has an argument for being a better Power-forward than the Mailman. The best PF is either him or Duncan.
    Imagine the Bulls with Duncan at Centre.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Where did I claim Duncan was as good as Jordan? He's not. The team however is better than the Jordan-era Bulls.
      I did not say that you claimed that Duncan was as good as Jordan.

Odd then I would claim that the Spurs as a TEAM are better than the Jordan Bulls.
      I told you what argument your stated facts can support. Your claim about the San Antonio team is, um, spurious. The funny part is that you seem to be basing this on Duncan winning another championship in the future when they haven't managed a back-to-back in all his 16 years in the NBA.

When assessing the team as a whole and not just Jordan? Absolutely part of the discussion.
      Within the same post, you say "better than the Jordan Bulls." The post-Jordan Bulls are not the Jordan Bulls. Pick a lane.

OTOH, never mind. I'm busy this week. Let me repeat my earlier summary: You are wrong, and I'm done with you.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The funny part is that you seem to be basing this on Duncan winning another championship in the future when they haven't managed a back-to-back in all his 16 years in the NBA.
        What exactly would change between 38 year old Duncan and 39 year old Duncan?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Within the same post, you say "better than the Jordan Bulls." The post-Jordan Bulls are not the Jordan Bulls. Pick a lane.
          Jordan, by himself > Duncan by himself.

Spurs without Duncan > Bulls without Jordan.

Ergo

Jordan (> Timmy) + Bulls (< Spurs) < Tim + Spurs.

This isn't a hard argument, JR.

Comment

You may compare the (Jordan Bulls, less Jordan), to the (Duncan Spurs, less Duncan) if you wish.
            If that's what you're doing, you are doing a p1ss-poor job of expressing yourself.

You may not reasonably include the post-Jordan Bulls in any such fantasy. Because that would be stupid.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If that's what you're doing, you are doing a p1ss-poor job of expressing yourself.
              Nobody wanted to be on a Jordan-less Bulls squad.

Comment

On another note, OKC has a fantastic home court advantage.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

San Antonio hires first female assistant coach in the NBA (and pro sports?).

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich added WNBA player Becky Hammon to his staff on Tuesday. Six-time WNBA All-Star, Hammon will join the team as an assistant coach for the 2014-15 season. “I very much look forward to the addition of Becky Hammon to our staff,” said Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich in a statement. […]
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There has been one other female assistant coach in the NBA before, but she was a volunteer and not "paid"
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bulls take the first game in Cleveland!! A few runs by the Cavs to get some ties but Bulls never lost the lead. It would be nice if they could steal another one (KOOLAID!!), but I'll take getting home court advantage. GO BULLS!!

Comment

I guess the thread necro was worth it for that one.

Go BULLS.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Still trying to figure out how the refs called a Tech 2 on Taj Gibson in fourth quarter. He gets leg locked and when he pulls out of it his foot contacts the player on the ground. How is that anything more than a technical, if even that? Plus the Cavs player doesn't get any foul either. That made a big difference and could have changed end of game. I hope NBA apologizes though it won't help. Still hope, but not much.

Comment

Rose looks gimpy. If he's injured, I think Cavs win.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

So Dellavedova gets a technical for scissoring Taj's leg, but they still leave a Flagrant 2 on Taj? What are they looking at? I have yet to see anyone, except for Cleveland players, fans and writers who believe Taj was due a Flagrant 2. Of course, even if they did rescind it, it wouldn't make a difference because you can't go back to that point and replay rest of game, no matter how much Bulls fans want that to happen. Calls like that is why fans think "conspiracy". I suppose now we know what it was like for Cleveland back in the Jordan days.

Comment

Clearly, the proper response if for Chicago to fire its coach.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X