NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    From an outsider point of view, I don't see Cutler starting for the Bears next year.
    IIRC, he has 2 years left on his deal.

I think he should retire.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hell... maybe that's why he was left in so long... maybe they were hoping he would get injured
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Trestman is a bum. He's an offensive-minded Dick Jauron. Fire him.

Mel Tucker is a bum. Every NFL defense he's ever coached has sucked ass (all have been in the bottom 5 in yards allowed, passing yards allowed and running yards allowed... BAD). The blown coverages last night were inexcusable. He should be fired for that alone.

This team is also probably one of the least likable teams I can remember. Players suck on Sundays and then whine on Twitter about fans booing. Howie Long's kid has been a big offender in this regard. How about... SHUT UP. Make a block. Other O-line players are a bunch of jags as well. Screw them.

Jared Allen needs to stop smiling. Go sack somebody. Go make a tackle. He's been a serious disappointment.

The punter sucks. **** that guy.

Kick returns. I must have seen half a dozen first half drives where the Bears started deep in their own end... because the dumbass kick returner decided to run back something he caught 5-7 yards into the end zone (in his defense, I'm sure that was Trestman's call... once is a bad decision... every time is bad coaching). I know he scored later in the game. Personally, I think the strategy of running back crappy kicks in hopes of the occasional TD is just stupid football. Give me consistent 20 yard (or better) field position any day of the week. Those poor starts are leaving points on the board... many more than gained by trying to take advantage of EVERY ****ING KICK as a scoring opportunity.

In conclusion... FUCK THIS TEAM AND EVERYONE ON IT (except Matt Forte)
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Kick returns. I must have seen half a dozen first half drives where the Bears started deep in their own end... because the dumbass kick returner decided to run back something he caught 5-7 yards into the end zone (in his defense, I'm sure that was Trestman's call... once is a bad decision... every time is bad coaching). I know he scored later in the game. Personally, I think the strategy of running back crappy kicks in hopes of the occasional TD is just stupid football. Give me consistent 20 yard (or better) field position any day of the week. Those poor starts are leaving points on the board... many more than gained by trying to take advantage of EVERY ****ING KICK as a scoring opportunity.
          This sums it up to me. And to make it worse, half the time we're running it out from deep in the end zone, just gives the Bears the opportunity to do an illegal block on the return for another half the distance to the goal line chance. I'd love to see that stat for our average starting field position on kick offs vs. what we give up.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I yelled at my TV every time that idiot fielded a kick.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• While i sometimes questioned Hester's judgement sometimes, at least there was a potential for something good happening.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes.

But since the kickoffs have been moved forward, I suspect Hester (in his prime) would have maybe half as many touchdowns (from KR).

Hester is one of the best KR's of all time... and he only had five KR touchdowns.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yeah but it isn't all about touchdowns. Field position was king. But yes, the rule change has had a great impact on it.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I agree with this. I kept yelling at them to stop trying to take it out of endzone. Just start at the 20, since as Ming said, you don't have the chance to commit that penalty that brings you back to the ten or further.

I was all for Jay coming to Chicago as well as Trestman. But now I realize how stupid that was. Bears need to cut ties with complete coaching staff and Jay at end of season. There will be some good coaches out there and they need to change their philosophy and spend money for a coach that has the experience and winning record. But what am I saying - the Bears won't do that!!

Comment

• since as Ming said,
                      *cough* *cough*
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Actually, I think the Bears coaches are morons for leaving him in.

But again, it has nothing to do with Cutler, just a straw man comment from you. It doesn't change the fact that your comment that they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 simply to go for a record shows just how little you know about football.
                        Finally. Took you long enough...

It makes sense to me. People come to see the players play. Leave them in and take them out in the fourth quarter.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          *cough* *cough*
                          Oops. You too look so much alike.

BTW, Chicago Tribune has poll on when Trestman should be fired:

30 minutes ago - 36.4% :lol
                          Immediately - 33.5%
                          End of season - 17%
                          One more year - 13%
                          Last edited by Demonbinder; November 10, 2014, 18:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            It makes sense to me. People come to see the players play. Leave them in and take them out in the fourth quarter.
                            Again, what does this have to do with your silly comment that they should have gone for it on 4th and 2?

And people want to see their team win, and CONTINUE winning. The Coaching staff was smart to remove him when they did. He already was coming off an injury. Why take the chance.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Don't. Kick. To Sproles.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                                Again, what does this have to do with your silly comment that they should have gone for it on 4th and 2?

And people want to see their team win, and CONTINUE winning. The Coaching staff was smart to remove him when they did. He already was coming off an injury. Why take the chance.
                                Flutie would have gone for it. QED.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X