2013 NFL Playoff Pick Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Over your opposition, correct, which pissed you off to no end. You had to rectify that.
    Just making more stuff up I see... You have no facts to support this lie.

So let me see if I've got it correct. You smeared me before I joined fantasy baseball and then told everyone that "I'd proven you right".
    You are not correct, as usual. You just keep making stuff up.

You then pushed to get me kicked out of FFZ football, because, "I'd shown my true colors".
    It wasn't just me... you quit a fantasy league. That made you not welcome. It was your actions, not some conspiracy.

Am I right here, or am I right?

I bet I'm pretty damn close to the contents of your PMs.
    No... Not right. Not even close.

But please... keep making stuff up.

DID YOU QUIT. YES!

Now that's a fact.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just making more stuff up I see... You have no facts to support this lie.
      So when Berz stated that there was significant opposition to me joining, that came from other players in the league and not you?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben... I'm NOT DENYING THAT I WASN'T A BIG FAN OF YOU JOINING THE LEAGUE. So what's your point?

The fact is YOU QUIT.

Take some responsibility for your actions instead of blaming other people for YOUR ACTIONS.

Have a nice day.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Ben, your "memory" of my departure as commish is totally at odds with historical facts.
          No one ever suggested that I leave. I was not "removed" and there was no "vote."
          I decided to leave unilaterally and recruited EPW to take over as commish.

Unlike the lost documentation of your quitting FFZ baseball, the relevant Poly threads are easily accessible for all to see.
          The year was 2011; the league was Poly IDP.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So when Berz stated that there was significant opposition to me joining, that came from other players in the league and not you?
            I dont remember saying there was significant opposition, I wouldn't have asked you to join if anyone raised a fuss. The most I got from anyone was "ugh" and I dont know why you think I was accommodating Ming, he accommodated the league by playing with someone he wasn't thrilled about - ty Ming. He did not smear you, Ben, he gave you a chance and you quit because Halladay got taken. I asked you not to rock the boat and you capsized it before making a pick.

Comment

• Sorry Ben, but neither of us can defend the indefensible. You needed to apologize for leaving the league and explain why, the way you quit is why people were upset with you

you can still repent, you need to admit your sin

I sound like a Catholic now

Comment

• Sorry Ben, but neither of us can defend the indefensible. You needed to apologize for leaving the league and explain why, the way you quit is why people were upset with you
                I did explain why to you. I expected that you would be able to communicate this to the other owners at the time, privately. For reasons I explained to you back then. I didn't think it was the business to make it all public. I have nothing further to say than was already said years ago.

I wanted to run the team with my brother, and my brother had the lists of players to draft. I'm not a baseball fan. I come home from work, find the draft has already started, find that I have no list from my brother and find out he was in the hospital.

I had bigger priorities, sorry to say, than worrying about a league where half the players wanted me out anyways. You understood then when I wrote and explained the situation to you.

Had it been Ming or rah or their family, you would have stopped the draft and excused them.

Me? I get continually smeared. Different rules for different players. We both know damn well this is the case.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I dont remember saying there was significant opposition, I wouldn't have asked you to join if anyone raised a fuss
                  You specifically said, "keep your head down, don't make waves".

The most I got from anyone was "ugh" and I dont know why you think I was accommodating Ming, he accommodated the league by playing with someone he wasn't thrilled about - ty Ming. He did not smear you, Ben, he gave you a chance and you quit because Halladay got taken. I asked you not to rock the boat and you capsized it before making a pick.
                  I explained to you what was going on with my brother. I expected then as now that you would be understanding. Ming, rather than simply let the matter drop as most normal people would do has kept this going for years. People leave all the time. People are no shows for drafts all the time. People leave during the year, all the time.

Why is this one case so special to deserve booting me out of a different league the following fall? I don't understand.

Help me understand why people who leave for family reasons are excused but I am not. Not only was I not excused, I was blacklisted.

Comment

• I decided to leave unilaterally and recruited EPW to take over as commish.
                    So. You quit on the league.

Congrats, JR. Quitter.

Comment

• NOT DENYING THAT I WASN'T A BIG FAN OF YOU JOINING THE LEAGUE. So what's your point?
                      Your hate (both then and continues now) has zero to do with me and what I've done for you over the years. If you cared the slightest about what I've actually done (like sending you a nice card and gift on my own dime and time), you'd not hate me. But you do.

If it's about the actions, why did you accuse me of bribery?

Comment

• Do we really need you two fighting about the same thing in 2 threads?

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Better this thread than the hockey thread.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          So. You quit on the league.

Congrats, JR. Quitter.
                          Ooh, cut me to the quick with your self-serving interpretation. 1/10
                          Last edited by Aeson; April 24, 2014, 20:59. Reason: Posting private messages is not allowed.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Nobody wanted you out, you're trying to make it sound like people were itching to get rid of you - they just agreed to play with you! My memory aint so good but I do recognize phrases I use and I never told you to keep your head down and you never told me to offer your explanation to the league. If thats what you expected you should have asked instead of waiting a few years to blame me. I thought I mentioned something about it in the thread back then, but like I said, you needed to apologize and explain yourself - expecting me to do it while you walk away aint kosher either. If you had done that here or any other site the reaction would be the same.

Comment

Had it been Ming or rah or their family, you would have stopped the draft and excused them.

Me? I get continually smeared. Different rules for different players. We both know damn well this is the case.
                              And you have proof of this... oh, that's right, you don't. You are just making stuff up yet again... never mind.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Y
                                I explained to you what was going on with my brother. I expected then as now that you would be understanding. Ming, rather than simply let the matter drop as most normal people would do has kept this going for years. People leave all the time. People are no shows for drafts all the time. People leave during the year, all the time.
                                First... you posted that you didn't get a fair position... claiming new people should haven't to draft that late in the round... and then you posted you quit because you didn't get the player you wanted. It wasn't till much later after all the crap you received that this second "story" became your excuse.

But frankly, your excuse doesn't change the fact that you QUIT!

Why is this one case so special to deserve booting me out of a different league the following fall? I don't understand.
                                That fact that you don't understand sums it all up. YOU QUIT. There is nothing "special" about it.
                                FFZ didn't allow quitters in leagues. You quit a league, and therefore were not allowed in future leagues.
                                Nobody treated you any different than other quitters.

Help me understand why people who leave for family reasons are excused but I am not. Not only was I not excused, I was blacklisted.
                                Please point out somebody else that quit a league due to supposed family reasons and was excused... OH, that's right. You can't.

ONE MORE TIME SO THAT EVEN YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND. QUITTERS WERE NOT WELCOME IN FANTASY LEAGUES.

GOT IT!
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X