Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

do members of the longest running league at CBS Sportsline (Reismark's Lombardi league) want to continue? We really do need to figure out how to let others join if we do keep going.

and of course we'll be having other leagues, like various yahoo pick ems and maybe a salary league

some of you play at other sites, any suggestions on a good salary league? We played one a couple years ago that gave us too much $$$ for players. Cant remember if that was espn or cbs or yahoo

post the leagues you want to play

are roto and point football leagues any good?

I'll play whatever we got and commish a slow draft if needed

here's the settings we used last year

Poly IDP (individual defenders)

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DB, DB, DL, LB, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
    Completions 1 0
    Incomplete Passes -.5 0
    Passing Yards 25 yards per point
    Passing Touchdowns 6 4
    Interceptions -3 -1
    Sacks -0.5 0
    Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions 1 0
    Reception Yards 20 yards per point 10 yards per point
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Yards 20 yards per point 0
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -3 -2
    Kickers
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -2 0
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1 0
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1 0
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Point After Attempt Missed -1 0
    Defensive Players League Value
    Tackle Solo 1
    Tackle Assist .5
    Sack 2
    Interception 3
    Fumble Force 2
    Fumble Recovery 3 2
    Defensive Touchdown 6
    Safety 4 2
    Pass Defended 1
    Block Kick 3 2

and the team Defense league

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
    Completions .05 0
    Incomplete Passes -.25 0
    Passing Yards 10 yards per point 25 yards per point
    Passing Touchdowns 6 4
    Interceptions -5 -1
    Sacks -1 0
    Rushing Attempts -.1 0
    Rushing Yards 8 yards per point 10 yards per point
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions .2 0
    Reception Yards 8 yards per point 10 yards per point
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -5 -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
    Kickers League Value Yahoo! Default Value
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -1 0
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1 0
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1 0
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Point After Attempt Missed -1 0
    Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
    Sack 1
    Interception 2.5 2
    Fumble Recovery 2.5 2
    Touchdown 6
    Safety 4 2
    Block Kick 2
    Return Yards 100 yards per point 0
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
    Points Allowed 0 points 14 10
    Points Allowed 1-6 points 10 7
    Points Allowed 7-13 points 7 4
    Points Allowed 14-20 points 3 1
    Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
    Points Allowed 28-34 points -3 -1
    Points Allowed 35+ points -7 -4
    4th Down Stops 1 0
    Tackles for Loss .5 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 10 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 7 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 4 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 2 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -2 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -4 0
    Three and Outs Forced .5 0

I got a suggestion, change the flex position to WR/RB/TE

can we get a nay or yay?

yay

Comment

I would just as soon officially abandon CBS. I can barely remember to go there.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm in for team D at Yahoo again. And I have a friend who wants in.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Tomorrow's mid-June. We better start drafting ASAP!
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I saved the standings pages from Lombardi. Probably could host them too if I had to.

Otherwise I'm in for another year of IDP.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

oh yeah, if the settings look funky thats because we went to Jaguar's scoring system last year

that and I did a lousy job of pasting them - the first number is the setting we used, the 2nd - if there is one - is yahoo's default setting

any thoughts about the scoring? I thought it made for a decent game without the distortion we were getting with overpowered QBs

Comment

I am a willing commissioner of D/ST; I've done it most (all?) years since 2007.

Issues to address:

1. The real-life QB stats last year went bonkers. It's time to scale back the fantasy point spread between good QBs and bad QBs. My scoring was designed with the belief that 5000-yard, 40-TD seasons would be rare. Evidently, they are not. I'll draw up a proposed change for QBs.

2. Smaller scoring tweaks.

3. Last year's draft was August 4 to August 20th with 14 teams, 16 rounds. I will be on vacation and have poor internet access until August 12. There are various ways to handle this.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

One point on that: I've seen a lot of speculation that last year's QB numbers were an aberration because of the lockout (yes, they're getting higher anyway, but not necessarily that high). If we adjust scoring based on last year, are we going to end up nerfing QBs too much?
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Under the D/ST 2011 scoring, Tom Brady's unanimous MVP season from 2010 scored 537 points, with Peyton Manning close on his heels. Arian Foster in that same year scored 356. That was roughly what I was shooting for: you can have a 540-point QB and a 150-point RB (Jahvid Best) or you can have a 340-point RB and a 350-point QB (Kyle Orton).

Instead, we got this: Drew Brees (719), Aaron Rodgers (690), Tom Brady (650), Matthew Stafford (601), and Cam Newton (532) shattered prior records, while RB numbers remained the same. Ray Rice and LeSean McCoy quietly broke 300 points.

We need to substantially update our priors about the far-right tail of the scoring distribution for quarterbacks. The "obvious elite" group of Brady, Brees, (Healthy) Manning, and Rodgers just moved its average from 500 (OK) to 680 (very not OK) in a single year. Even if they dial back to ~580 or so on average, we need to pull their scoring back a little bit - or boost the top RBs and WRs.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Yahoo Fantasy Football. Create or join a NFL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

Password: Albie

Comment

In
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why am I the password?

In.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

In DST
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Definitely no RB/WR/TE. Encourages hoarding and screws up the already mostly-useless TE.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X