Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any objections to inviting my friend in? He's never done fantasy before, but he's wanted to join for years.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Joined DST.

Comment

I have sent out invites to past players of the auction league. You probably ignored them thinking - Oh god, it's only June. That's too early for football.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I would be pleased to go in another Fantasy league this year, last year I was in IDP, but I don't have a preference if there is room in one over the other (and after all I commented that I would have taken Houston D in the Team Defense league (they weren't drafted) and look how that turned out ).

I had a lot of fun with this last year, and I think understand the strategy much better.

One comment is that there seemed to be a lot of disscussion about the scoring system last year in IDP, but would now be the time to change it if we were going to change it? (As I recall the discussion was about returns being weighted too heavily).

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

In for D/ST and Auction.
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

11 in DST right now. Ozzy, your friend better come on, if he's coming.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How do I invite people into the league?
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                  I saved the standings pages from Lombardi. Probably could host them too if I had to.

Otherwise I'm in for another year of IDP.
                  Up to you, it is our longest running football league I just have no clue as to how we can open it up

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  Definitely no RB/WR/TE. Encourages hoarding and screws up the already mostly-useless TE.
                  If you have 2 good TEs you wont be dropping one regardless of how many can play unless the benches are small. But there's plenty of teams now with 2 TEs putting up production nearly comparable to their counterparts

Nobody seems to care other than you and me

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  Any objections to inviting my friend in? He's never done fantasy before, but he's wanted to join for years.
                  He'll need to register here for the slow drafts

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  I have sent out invites to past players of the auction league. You probably ignored them thinking - Oh god, it's only June. That's too early for football.
                  Yahoo opened up the leagues a week or two ago, its just nice to use their stats and research stuff

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                  One comment is that there seemed to be a lot of disscussion about the scoring system last year in IDP, but would now be the time to change it if we were going to change it? (As I recall the discussion was about returns being weighted too heavily).

/me
                  20 yds/pt

expands the player pool, including DBs... We'll see what the commish says

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  How do I invite people into the league?
                  If you were last year's commish or you started a league you should have that option somewhere, probably under commish tools

Comment

I submitted a support question to cbssports. If they can make someone else the manager, that person could send out new invites.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

In, both, or whichever one I was in last year.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

CBS can but they won't. Not without the manager's permission. They suggested we have the manager contact them.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Let me see if I understand. You asked if a manager that had vanished could be replaced. They said have the manager contact them. Is that correct?
                          If so, it's definitely time to go.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                            I am a willing commissioner of D/ST; I've done it most (all?) years since 2007.

Issues to address:

1. The real-life QB stats last year went bonkers. It's time to scale back the fantasy point spread between good QBs and bad QBs. My scoring was designed with the belief that 5000-yard, 40-TD seasons would be rare. Evidently, they are not. I'll draw up a proposed change for QBs.

2. Smaller scoring tweaks.

3. Last year's draft was August 4 to August 20th with 14 teams, 16 rounds. I will be on vacation and have poor internet access until August 12. There are various ways to handle this.
                            I will be adopting Jag's scoring changes for the Auction League. Make's it easier for people in both D/ST and Auction to value.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

JR, you gonna run the IDP league?

Comment

Whattya mean? I didn't run it last year...
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X