Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football (not soccer damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we're waiting on Jag's settings but since we're "idp" we'll have our own settings for defense

Hopefully we dont cause any imbalances with the offense
    I don't see why we should wait for him - IDP has always had our own settings.

Edit, what Jag said.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• pardon me, the auction league

and thats a live draft in late august

Comment

• Has a league started sign up for IDP? nm. I see. No.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          EPW wont be playing this year either

so who volunteered to run the IDP?

I'll be glad to help, or even co-commish

I guess we're waiting on Jag's settings but since we're "idp" we'll have our own settings for defense

Hopefully we dont cause any imbalances with the offense
          Yeah, if I can get the previous commish to add me I can get this year going.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• start a new league

here's last year's settings

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DB, DB, DL, LB, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Offense
            Completions 1
            Incomplete Passes -.5
            Passing Yards 25 yards per point
            Passing Touchdowns 6
            Interceptions -3
            Sacks -0.5
            Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
            Rushing Touchdowns 6
            Receptions 1
            Reception Yards 20 yards per point
            Reception Touchdowns 6
            Return Yards 20 yards per point
            Return Touchdowns 6
            2-Point Conversions 2
            Fumbles Lost -3

Kickers
            Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
            Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
            Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
            Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
            Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
            Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -2
            Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1
            Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
            Point After Attempt Made 1
            Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defensive Players
            Tackle Solo 1
            Tackle Assist .5
            Sack 2
            Interception 3
            Fumble Force 2
            Fumble Recovery 3
            Defensive Touchdown 6
            Safety 4
            Pass Defended 1
            Block Kick 3

let the discussion begin!

somebody said 20 yds/pt for returning kicks was too much, bumping it to 25 or 30 is reasonable, and I'd like to vote on adding TE to the flex spot

and if reducing the impact of QBs is desired, why not making pass tds 4 pts?
            Last edited by Berzerker; July 25, 2012, 15:34.

Comment

• I'd been hoping to keep continuity with the last one, though it's not really that important.

I have no problem with adding TE to the flex spot, and agree that returners should be nerfed somewhat - I'd go further to 1/50 though, just because there's no fantasy position for "returner" and it distorts the value of the players at other positions. I think that the QBs are ok as is though. There's certainly a general upward trend, but I think last year was a bit of an aberration in how huge the jump was. I could see pulling the yardage scoring back a bit if others feel differently.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I'm fine with leaving the settings as is. I drafted one of the best 'returners' and got burned when he got injured.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                  I'd been hoping to keep continuity with the last one, though it's not really that important.

I have no problem with adding TE to the flex spot, and agree that returners should be nerfed somewhat - I'd go further to 1/50 though, just because there's no fantasy position for "returner" and it distorts the value of the players at other positions. I think that the QBs are ok as is though. There's certainly a general upward trend, but I think last year was a bit of an aberration in how huge the jump was. I could see pulling the yardage scoring back a bit if others feel differently.
                  1/50 for returners is definitely a positive in my view. On other changes: I'm willing to play under most reasonable settings, so I'll leave it to other IDP people to discuss exactly how we want things to go.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• On another forum, someone posted about being in a ppr league at work that awarded 1 per 10 return yards Darren Sproles with #1 pick?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• At risk of being ridiculed for suggesting the bizarre.....it seems that strategy of defensive players is to pick them (largely) after you pick most of your offensive players. I'd like to see us UP the points for defense, and encourage people to take defensive players earlier (and change up the strategy significantly as a result).

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrow, the reason for that is simply because of point differential. The dropoff between the number one defensive lineman and the waiver wire is far less than the dropoff between the number one quarterback and the waiver wire.

Even if you were to up the points - you'd still see people take quarterbacks et al first, and then move onto the defense. It's also much harder to predict how they will do.

At risk of being ridiculed
                        FFS - this is the time to bring something like this up!
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 27, 2012, 22:57.

Comment

• I approve of Sparrow's suggestion, for what it's worth.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I also agree. Each position should be awarded the same level of potential.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Defensive points are already fairly liberal, and we increased defensive value by going from 3 to 5 roster spots a few years back. Average points per week is around 30-35 IIRC. I consider 40 pts to be a good week on defense.

Current settings:
                              Tackle Solo 1 pt
                              Tackle Assist 0.5 pt
                              Sack 2 pt
                              Interception 3 pt
                              Fumble Force 2 pt
                              Fumble Recovery 3 pt
                              Defensive Touchdown 6 pt
                              Safety 4 pt
                              Pass Defended 1 pt
                              Block Kick 3 pt

I can see upgrading the value of turnovers and sacks a bit, but there's only so much one can do.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• BTW, we need EPW to check in, start the league, then officially hand off the commish duties to Koya at Yahoo.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X