No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An awesome performance by Humber; got to see a lot of it at the gym today. 21st perfect game in MLB history.

Humber also becomes the 7th ex-Mets pitcher to throw a no-hitter. The Mets continue to have a grand total of zero no-hitters in franchise history.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And the Sox have three of those 21? Not bad.

On other side of town, Marlon Byrd traded to Bosox for reliever Michael Bowden and a PTBNL.

Comment

• I have no idea what the Bosox are trying to accomplish with that trade.

Comment

• "The trade took on added urgency when Red Sox outfielder Jason Repko went down with what Valentine described as a slight separation of his left shoulder, an injury incurred when Repko ran into the center-field wall Friday.

Cubs GM Jed Hoyer said Repko's injury did not directly lead to the trade.

"No, we've been talking to them since the end of spring training," Hoyer said in a conference call with Chicago media. "We've been trying to get relief pitching."

From the ESPN article on the trade. Looks like they needed the body because of the injuries there.

Comment

• Speaking of the Red Sox, wtf? Way to totally ruin your stadium's 100th Anniversary. First lose to your hated rivals and then the next day take a 9-0 lead before completely blowing that in 2 innings. I think they are in for a reaaaaaly looooong year.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Interesting tidbit...

Brandon Inge, the longest-tenured Detroit Tiger and a lightning rod for fan criticism, has been released.

The team made the announcement after today's loss to the Seattle Mariners. Inge, who had been sharing time at second base, did not play today.

Brad Eldred was recalled from the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens. Eldred has 15 career home runs in 85 major league games with the Pittsburgh Pirates and Colorado Rockies. He was batting .388 with 13 home runs and 35 RBIs in 20 games for the Mud Hens this season.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Long overdue, but still sad. Now Ramon Santiago is the last current Tiger who was on the 119 loss team in 2003. Would have been a cool thing to win the world series with Inge on the roster since he's been around so long. Oh well.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yeah, I'll miss him, but it turned into a terminal case of Bobby Higginson Syndrome.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Sigh...

I knew they never should've gone after Delmon Young...

Comment

• So... I heard that some guy got a no-hitter last night .

Great game by Jered Weaver!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I know it won't last, but aren't the AL East standings are just divine right now?
                          "

Comment

• Holy ****, that is ****ing insane.

Comment

• Because the Yankees and Sox are at the bottom of the division?
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

Comment

• Yes; the fact that Baltimore (BALTIMORE!) is first is just the icing.

Comment

Working...
                                X