No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think when V-Mart went down Illich went to his WWGSD (What Would George Steinbrenner Do?) bracelet and decided that he should ridiculously overspend on the best Free Agent out there .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      I think he's referring to Ozzy's Castro comments. (marlin's coach, not you)
      Yes, I was. And they give him a five game suspension???

Comment

I didn't know political views were suspension-eligible.

Selig.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Why Selig? He had nothing to do with it.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Another Tigers victory.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Why Selig? He had nothing to do with it.
              Because he's such a spineless jerk.

Statement by Commissioner Bud Selig.

"Major League Baseball supports today's decision by the Marlins to suspend Ozzie Guillen. As I have often said, baseball is a social institution with important social responsibilities. All of our 30 clubs play significant roles within their local communities, and I expect those who represent Major League Baseball to act with the kind of respect and sensitivity that the game's many cultures deserve.

"Mr. Guillen's remarks, which were offensive to an important part of the Miami community and others throughout the world, have no place in our game."

Above: Peter Angelos, Fidel Castro, Bud Selig in Havana, 1999.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 10, 2012, 20:35.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Really, what else can he do? It's their team and their mistakes to make. Now, this comes from a guy in a right to work state, so keep that in mind. I don't like what he said, and he realizes it was a mistake, but it it was his mistake to make, and many worse mistakes have been made. (Cue the soap box speech about Rose.)
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Seriously! You think the Commissioner is going to repremand an MLB franchise for an internal suspension decision of a manager that is 100% their right?

Comment

Did I say he should reprimand Miami? No.

I think he should have kept his mouth shut. As you say, it's a team matter.

Comment

I'm sure he was asked his opinion by the media.

Comment

And he could have said that it was a TEAM issue and he didn't see any reason to get involved.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He couldn't do that because he wouldn't want to be seen as supporting Ozzie's comments. Hypocrisy in the name of protecting/expanding baseball is just good business.
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                            He couldn't do that because he wouldn't want to be seen as supporting Ozzie's comments.
                            Exactly. PR is far more intricate that most people make it out to be.

And, as for the 2nd half of CW's comments, one thing Selig has been an unqualified success is in making tons and tons of money. IIRC, the MLB makes more than the NFL in profits.

Comment

Saying it was a team issue isn't the same as saying he supported Ozzie's statement. Hypocrisy should be more discrete. If it only took a few minutes for JR to find that picture, anyone could find it.

But I do agree that Selig has been very good at making baseball tons of cash.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                                Saying it was a team issue isn't the same as saying he supported Ozzie's statement.
                                Outraged people are not the most reasonable people when it comes to the subject they are enraged about.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X