No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, pretty remarkable. Holding on this late in the season too. Its all about the logo.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• This late in the season.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Well its not THAT late in the season overall, sure, but far later than I expected the Orioles to remain on top of the AL East.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Baltimore has been excellent so far. 2nd best team in baseball (1 more loss than the Dodgers keeps them from #1). Adam Jones is doing his best Matt Kemp impression and the pitching has been great (Wei-Yin Chen has been a Godsend for the O's).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I swear to ****ing God, the ****ing Tigers, WLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWL ad infinitum.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• This better not be a repeat of 2008...

Comment

• I am becoming genuinely concerned.

Prince is finally starting to hit for power to go along with average, just in time for AJax to be out indefinitely with an abdominal strain, naturally. Avila is still struggling, as is Peralta... to be fair, those are probably just a regression to the mean after last year. We miss VMart a LOT.

Comment

• And the Dodgers go and decide to sweep the Cards. Then again, that may not mean so much as the Cards were swept a few weeks ago by the Braves - perhaps the Cards are overrated or the NL Central is just crap?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Yikes! Lance Berkman has a torn ACL and may just retire . Had a great career:

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Lance Berkman. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Unfortuantely it appears these knee injuries may just prevent him from getting into the Hall of Fame. His CAREER slash line is .296/.409/.546 [That's right, a career .409 OBP!! - 36th all time] (an OPS+ of 146) with 1,836 hits and 359 HRs.

Comment

• The Cards are only 4-4 vs. the Cubs. Ample evidence that they suck.

And if the Reds continue underperforming, the NL Central is indeed a big pile of crap.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        I am becoming genuinely concerned.

Prince is finally starting to hit for power to go along with average, just in time for AJax to be out indefinitely with an abdominal strain, naturally. Avila is still struggling, as is Peralta... to be fair, those are probably just a regression to the mean after last year. We miss VMart a LOT.
                        If you can't even beat the Indians when Verlander takes the mound you're trouble, I agree.

Comment

• Well, Cleveland is the 4th best team in the American League right now.

Comment

• Yeah, my point is getting swept by your division leaders is not promising.

Comment

• Yup. **** this, and that, and this over here, and everything else.

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X