No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, the Braves swept by the Reds in 4 and the NL East is getting pretty tight.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Just to make Tiger fans cry a bit more

Fernando Rodney’s 2012 season is redefining relief domination. The veteran flamethrower is turning into the real life version of Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn, transforming from a wild pitcher who never…

Fernando Rodney‘s 2012 season is redefining relief domination. The veteran flamethrower is turning into the real life version of Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn, transforming from a wild pitcher who never harnessed his stuff into one of the surest ninth innings in baseball. Rodney will carry a 38 FIP- and an incredible 11 ERA- into his next appearance. It’s only 22.2 innings, but Rodney would need to walk 25 batters and allow 15 runs in his next 9.1 innings to equal his totals from 32 innings last season.
      Chances are that Rodney’s shift on the mound is but a small piece of a larger reworking of the way he pitches. But much like Rick Vaughn’s spectacular spectacles, it is by far the most noticeable. This is not just the same Fernando Rodney who could never hit his spots simply showing up and magically popping the zone again and again. The Rays have changed something fundamental about Rodney’s approach, and now at age 35, he’s showing the stuff that makes him among the best relief pitchers in the league.
      The former Tigers and Angels fireballer with no control is now 2-0 with 14 saves and a 0.40 ERA (a 920 ERA+!!!) with a 0.750 WHIP, 8.7 K/9, and only 1.2 BB/9 (a 7.33 K/BB when his career number is 1.76 K/BB ) for the Rays.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Bad for the Tigers.

Good for my fantasy team.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Always liked him. Hated to see him go.

Especially ****ing now.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well, Detroit is 6 games behind Cleveland, and at this point last season they were 5.5 games behind Cleveland. Especially with V-Mart possibly/probably coming back at the end of the season another late season surge is certainly possible.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Always liked him. Hated to see him go.

Especially ****ing now.
              Well obviously Tampa Pitching Coaches >>>>>> Detroit Pitching Coaches

Comment

• Rangers will take it all this year.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• That seems as safe a bet as possible when talking about World Series champs in late May; which is to say, not very safe at all, but relatively speaking, as safe as possible.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'll be rooting for them. Hopefully Texas will get it out of their system, and then Detroit will be ready to win it all next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      Well, Detroit is 6 games behind Cleveland, and at this point last season they were 5.5 games behind Cleveland. Especially with V-Mart possibly/probably coming back at the end of the season another late season surge is certainly possible.
                      Expecially since the Indians seem to drop like flies as last year... Hafner, Cabrera and Santana to the DL in a few days

Comment

• White Sox on fire at the plate!
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Speaking of streaks, the Nats sweep the Braves for Atlanta's 7th straight loss. They went from 1st in the NL East to 4th. Ouch!

Comment

• They must have read my post in another thread about how to do replay:

Comment

• Gentlemen, allow me to present:

the First-Place Chicago White Sox!

Rapid Reaction: White Sox 7, Rays 2
                              May, 29, 2012

By Scott Powers | ESPNChicago.com

Chicago White Sox win 7-2 over the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field on Tuesday.

Philip Humber picked up his first win since throwing a perfect game on April 21. Humber allowed five hits and two runs in seven innings. The White Sox were trailing 2-1 after five innings, but five different players drove in runs off Rays starter James Shields in the sixth inning. Alexei Ramirez had his third multi-hit performance in four games and drove in two RBIs. Dayan Viciedo also had three hits, including a home run, for the White Sox. Paul Konerko had his hitting streak snapped at 14 games.

What it means: The White Sox moved into first place in the American League Central with the Cleveland Indians’ loss on Tuesday. The White Sox also extended their winning streak to seven games. It’s their longest win streak since 2010.
                              This time, however brief, will be savored in Chicago.
                              Attached Files
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Sux

Comment

Working...
                                X