No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is usually considered code when someone says "its their issue" and basically washes their hands of it that the person doesn't support what the group did (all the way from when Pilate did it in the Gospels ).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So MLB is on record as opposing freedom of speech.

Good to know.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Opposing anything that would make them less money.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Freedom of Speech is for government action. It has never applied to private companies.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
            Outraged people are not the most reasonable people when it comes to the subject they are enraged about.
            Agreed. But I see no reason why the commish should have been involved at all. The enraged people are not going to be satisfied with whatever he said. (by your own logic) So the only other outcome will be that he pisses additional people off by being involved. Now if he had stepped up and banned him for a few years, that might have been different.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Freedom of Speech is for government action. It has never applied to private companies.
              Exactly. So why go there?

Also, please try reading what I actually write. You have been FAIL starting with the initial .
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So what exactly does "MLB is on record as opposing freedom of speech" mean?

I see absolutely no reason to criticize Selig's actions on this. Its knee-jerk anti-Selig silliness.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Agreed. But I see no reason why the commish should have been involved at all. The enraged people are not going to be satisfied with whatever he said. (by your own logic) So the only other outcome will be that he pisses additional people off by being involved. Now if he had stepped up and banned him for a few years, that might have been different.
                  They won't be satisfied, no. If he says nothing, then they can interpret it as tacit approval (if you're not against Ozzie, you must be for Castro). Thus his condemnation of Ozzie prevents them from adding MLB as a focus of their anger.

As for pissing off people off by getting involved, I would wager that any such rage would be more nebulous and less intense than that of the Cuban-American community against Castro (and any perceived supporters he may have).
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    So what exactly does "MLB is on record as opposing freedom of speech" mean?

I see absolutely no reason to criticize Selig's actions on this. Its knee-jerk anti-Selig silliness.
                    Nothing knee-jerk about it. You are simply refusing to see it an alternative view. Which is your myopic right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                      They won't be satisfied, no. If he says nothing, then they can interpret it as tacit approval (if you're not against Ozzie, you must be for Castro). Thus his condemnation of Ozzie prevents them from adding MLB as a focus of their anger.

As for pissing off people off by getting involved, I would wager that any such rage would be more nebulous and less intense than that of the Cuban-American community against Castro (and any perceived supporters he may have).
                      This.

Comment

• Yay, I found a site with free streaming baseball games.

Watching on my slingbox has been too choppy and frustrating. But this thing seems to be pretty stable.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• And we appreciate you posting the link.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I figured Guy and others would be upset if I did.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ahh!! Prince Fielder hit a foul ball into the Tigers dugout and pegged today's starting pitcher! Knocked him out of the game! WTF!?!

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X