No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling it stupid is an insult to other stupid rules.

That is beyond stupid. It is so stupid it brings the word "stupid" to whole new levels of stupid. It is the NFL rulebook equivalent of dickrot.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Ben came to Dallas for Thanksgiving and saw exactly what I've been saying.
      Indeed, had a great time. Good food, good company, good football and TCU stunned UT.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Peter King explains why the rule was put in place (though he doesn't agree with it):

Why these rules? Because in past years, some coaches have thrown a challenge flag to get the attention of officials or to slow the game down, knowing there wasn't a play to overturn. Then the officials go over to the coach, often get an earful, and there's no review of the play. Now there's a vehicle to punish coaches who throw a challenge flag in error.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I would think that the 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and maybe costing the team a timeout would be enough of a penalty in that case. Not reviewing the play does seem absurd. Unfortunately the referrees called it right yesterday until the NFL changes the rule.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I heard of teams now challenging questionable tad's their teams make to preveent a review.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Anyone notice Al Michaels drop subtle gambling references in his games? "Not quite over"
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                  I heard of teams now challenging questionable tad's their teams make to preveent a review.
                  Wouldn't work, they would still review it. They are saying Schwartz would gain an unfair advantage if it was reviewed, which is why it wasn't. If the scoring team challenged their own TD, it would be an unfair advantage not to review it.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Challenged their own TD. Now that would be a breath of fresh air to find a team that ethical.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Next team on the horizon to be good, Bengals.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The media man crush for Colin Kaepernick is pretty ridiculous. He played a very Alex Smith-like game yesterday (16-25, 131, 1, 1).

The kid is good, but not, lose your job due to injury, better than Alex Smith. The offense scored 17 points on the Saints!

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I agree. Kaepernick is obviously inexperienced, though it's true that his rushing ability and arm strength are both a step up from Alex Smith. He played a totally workmanlike game which SF won due to a couple pick-6es.

Yet the breathless headline on one major FF site was: Kaepernick outplays Brees in SF win.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Kaepernick, who was adopted, is Steve Young's illegitimate son. shhhh

Anyway, in other news, I'll just put this here...

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I was eating dinner and never saw the play. You know, it looks for all the world like he's down about a full yard short.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Longest review...ever!

It was closer than a yard I think, and too hard to call, but I sympathized with the officials, they called it a first down, and moved the chains as a result...and then reviewed it, realized they spotted the ball wrong, and had to figure out where the chains were. It wasn't a good situation (and a huge call at that), but I think they got it right.

I was trying to read Norv Turner's lips, and think he said something like "you know this call could cost me my job right?"
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X