NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL ain't lovie dovie for ol' Lovie.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• You'll notice Norv took an OC job. If Lovie was willing to be a DC again, he'd have a job yesterday.

In fact, of the head coaches who got fired managed, only Andy Reid managed to get an equivalent gig. If you can call Kansas City equivalent...
      My point is, no GM wants to be known as the guy who settled for another team's rejected HC.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I really don't see why Arizona is such a bad place to go. The defense is very talented and they have a nice group of WR's led by one of the best. They're a QB and an offensive line away from the playoffs.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        My point is, no GM wants to be known as the guy who settled for another team's rejected HC.
        Elway?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• no GM wants to be known as the guy who settled for another team's rejected HC.
          AJ Smith?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The defense is very talented and they have a nice group of WR's led by one of the best.
            It's good to see Andre Roberts getting some respect.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              It's good to see Andre Roberts getting some respect.
              Also Michael Floyd while he didn't really play this year may actually live up to his 1st round pedigree. The WR's are solid if they can get a QB who's not always on his back.

But Arizona is definitely going to have to go offense on the HC. The offense needs the work.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• WR is ALL they have on offense. IMHO, that's still pretty far away in the suddenly-very-tough NFC West.
                Plus, historically bad ownership.

As for Lovie, I find it unsurprising that he's not drawing much interest, especially since "offensive minded" is the flavor of the week and that clearly ain't him. Once Buffalo passed on him, I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he wouldn't get any other offers.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Also Michael Floyd while he didn't really play this year may actually live up to his 1st round pedigree. The WR's are solid if they can get a QB who's not always on his back.
                  They should trade Fitz and get someone willing to trade them an O-Line. Along with a ham sandwich.

Comment

• Actually the more I think about it, Lovie to Arizona makes a lot of sense to me. Imagine going from a team where you are headed for the playoffs but your QB gets hurt and your playoff chances are gone with him... to a team where you can be playing well, your QB gets hurt and you just put in another QB...most fans and teammates won't notice the change, if the second goes down, put in the third...same result. And as for media...I've got to think it would be less media pressure in Arizona than in Chicago (going out on a limb here).
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I can sum it up.

Lovie is the defensive Andy Reid but with less success.

By the way, love this epically piss poor drafting:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Actually the more I think about it, Lovie to Arizona makes a lot of sense to me. Imagine going from a team where you are headed for the playoffs but your QB gets hurt and your playoff chances are gone with him... to a team where you can be playing well, your QB gets hurt and you just put in another QB...most fans and teammates won't notice the change, if the second goes down, put in the third...same result. And as for media...I've got to think it would be less media pressure in Arizona than in Chicago (going out on a limb here).
                        Where your top RB is Beanie Wells, you have no O-Line and your QB is an ex-starter who was replaced by Vick instead of Tebow? Interesting parallels. I don't think it would work though. They'd need a PR who believes he's a stud WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          I can sum it up.

Lovie is the defensive Andy Reid but with less success.

By the way, love this epically piss poor drafting:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...0810&type=team
                          And that is why Emery is in charge now. We should see better drafting with him there.

Comment

• Lovie didn't have **** to do with the draft. We've always had a GM. Our drafts actually weren't that bad once you got past round 1 - Jerry was pretty good at finding mid to late round talent. He just couldn't evaluate top round talent, or else took too many of the wrong chances.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• So Bruce Arians was hired by the Cards this morning. By noon, Ray Horton was fired and I kid you not, it wasn't even half an hour before I saw the Browns announced they hired Horton as DC.

Apparently, Arians and Horton had beef going back to their time on the Pittsburgh staff.

This means the Cleveland Browns coaching staff is looking quite formidable.

Comment

• Someone should remind the 49ers that the NFC championship is today. They seem to have forgotten to show up.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X