No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there's the record for Brees. Congradulations Drew! (cause I know he has to be an apolytoner)
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
      And there's the record for Brees. Congradulations Drew! (cause I know he has to be an apolytoner)
      Against his former team with the guy who supplanted him looking glum on the sideline.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        For those that missed it, the Colts got to the redzone down by only 10 with plenty of time left when McGahee fumbled, giving the Patriots the win. Would have been hilarious if the Pats lost for their arrogance.
        Ummm, Manning doesn't play for them...

Just sayin'.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• And people wonder why I miss the replacement refs. That was disgraceful officiating in the Charger - Saints game. PI on Gates when the DB tripped and fell on his ass?

Clearly, some teams > other teams and screwjobs against certain teams are expected and fair. Hochuli redux.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• The silence is deafening.

I thought people said that the officiating was better now that the regular refs returned? Funny how quiet people get now.

But then, didn't I predict this? The regular refs return and screw the Chargers. Just like always.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                The silence is deafening.

I thought people said that the officiating was better now that the regular refs returned? Funny how quiet people get now.

But then, didn't I predict this? The regular refs return and screw the Chargers. Just like always.
                Awww, poor Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  Ummm, Manning doesn't play for them...

Just sayin'.

ACK!
                  I keep doing that! I keep calling the Broncos the Colts!
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Sour grapes, anyone? Ben seems to have plenty to go around...

Interestingly, I don't see anything negative about the officiating in the SD-NO game summaries.

Philip Rivers passed for 354 yards and two touchdowns to former Saint Robert Meachem, but had two costly turnovers in the final quarter.

"I can't tell you how tough it is to lose a game like this," Rivers said. "We were right there. We were up by 10 points and just didn't get it done. We have a great team, a championship caliber team. But we have to win close games like this."

The first late turnover was Roman Harper's interception and 41-yard return on a pass tipped by fellow safety Malcolm Jenkins. That set up the Saints' final score on Garrett Hartley's field goal. San Diego (3-2) still had a chance to tie in the final minute until defensive end Martez Wilson stripped Rivers and recovered the fumble to seal the victory.

The Chargers appeared to have gone ahead 31-14 on Demorrio Williams' interception return for a touchdown. Williams' TD was nullified, however, by Melvin Ingram's late hit on Brees' chin, which drew a roughing-the-passer flag and extended what wound up to be an 87-yard scoring drive.

"Obviously it was a critical play," Chargers coach Norv Turner said. "You can't make those kinds of errors."
                    Perhaps if the Chargers were better coached, they wouldn't have blown a 10-point second half lead.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I thought Ben said he stopped being a Chargers fan when L.Tomlinson left?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And when Sproles left IIRC. I guess old habits die hard.

Ben's IDP League team: QB Rivers, DB Weddle, LB D.Butler, RB5 Battle
                        Ben's Auction League team: QB Rivers, K Kaeding, Defense = San Diego

But he didn't draft Gates (currently #29 in scoring among TEs), so I guess he's making progress. OTOH, he started Rivers over Peyton Manning yesterday in Auction League, so it seems there's still a little manlove for his Bolts.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jrabbit, Alshon Jeffrey out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand.

Ryan Williams joins Beanie Wells on IR. The Cardinals Cinderella story seems to be coming to an end.

Comment

• Sanchez is playing really sharp. You wouldn't know it from his stat-line but this is definitely a case where the stats don't tell the story on the field.

Absolutely no running game and he's throwing to Jeremy Kerley, Jeff Cumberland, and Chaz Schilens and still keeping the Jets competitive against arguably the league's best team.

Comment

• JJ Watt pretty much was the Texans MVP in that game. The Texans have some scary defenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Jrabbit, Alshon Jeffrey out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand.

Ryan Williams joins Beanie Wells on IR. The Cardinals Cinderella story seems to be coming to an end.
                                I'd actually say that if they didnt have a terrible schedule after buffalo they might go the distance with or without a solid RB
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X