NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    JJ Watt pretty much was the Texans MVP in that game. The Texans have some scary defenders.
    Now you know why they let Williams go to Buffalo. I'm lucky enough that I get to see them every week.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Jrabbit, Alshon Jeffrey out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand.
      But they get Earl Bennett back after bye week and they are in soft part of schedule. Barring any major injuries and if they keep playing the way they have been, they should be 7-1 when Houston comes to town. Right where I thought they would be.

Comment

• Houston looks pretty awesome. Take away the Jets' KO return and that was a complete butt-whipping last night. Barring injuries, I have to say the Texans look like a Super Bowl team.

Houston-SF this February?
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

JJ Watt pretty much is the Texans MVP this year. The Texans have some scary defenders.
          Fixed.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Houston looks pretty awesome. Take away the Jets' KO return and that was a complete butt-whipping last night. Barring injuries, I have to say the Texans look like a Super Bowl team.

Houston-SF this February?
            Ehh... it was still the best we've seen out of the Jets since Week 1. The Jets deserve credit for playing hard and playing to win (with those dramatic 4th down conversions, the onside kick, etc.) despite being ridiculously undermanned.

ESPN had an article courtesy of the Pro Football Focus guys that showed that, even as bad as Sanchez has been this year, the non-QB offense taken as a whole (meaning the RB's, the WR's, and the O-line's performances) are 2nd to last in the league. Shonn Greene is terrible and trotting out a WR corps consisting of Jeremy Kerly, Chaz Schilens, and Clyde Gates (who got an MRI today after being in a sling half the game), with Jeff Cumberland at TE, is an absolute joke of an offense; hands down, the worst offensive cast in the league. And the defense can't stop anything.

As an aside, believe it or not, the Cardinals are dead last, according to their analysis, which makes some since given their offensive line woes and lack of a running game but kind of makes you wonder if Kolb is actually the reason for their winning record, which defies logic

Another aside, the 49ers were the first team in NFL history to both pass and run for 300 yards. Never happened before and the Alex Smith-led 49ers did it.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• 49ers vs Houston seems possible.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Dear Al, the fanboy,

Go stand up for Sanchez.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Alex Karras passed away today. He has been sick with kidney failure and had suffered dementia from his playing days. A very good lineman, but probably much better known for his acting, including Blazing Saddles (one of my favorite movies).

"Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Comment

• RIP, Mongo...
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• One of the best. R.I.P.

Comment

• Who the **** is Baron Batch?
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Born in west Texas where he went to high school there in Odessa and then attended Texas Tech.

Comment

• 'Born in the West Texas Town of El Paso...'
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Where's Duke o York?

The Minnesota Vikings will play a home game at Wembley Stadium in London sometime in September next season, according to league sources.

Comment

• Here's my bizzare prediction for the day:

Buffalo will beat Arizona in Arizona....but the Bills Offense will be shut down by the Cardinals Defense, the Bills Defense and Special Teams will outscore their offense. You heard it here first.
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X