NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Eagles looking good this week. No turnovers.
    More interesting than that will be whether or not Atlanta can keep their record as the only undefeated team this year after this weekend. Have to wait and see I guess.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Holy crap. The entire ESPN pregame panel - all NINE of them - just picked the Bears over the Lions. Not even Boomer went contrarian.

We are doomed.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Unless "we" includes Lions fans? (Or is whomever it was the accused Apolyton of being pro-Bears....Correct?). Maybe it's time for Megatron to play like he did last year
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I knew the personal pronoun was an error.

The Bears are doomed.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• A 39 yard run by Forte followed by a 7 yards TD by Marshall says otherwise.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Not sure how serious Cutler injury is, but I would think Bears fans feel better about Jason Campbell than they did about Caleb Hanie?

Comment

• Oh yes, Campbell is far preferable. Though last year we briefly thought Hanie was good. We were quickly corrected.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• BRING ME THE SEVERED HEAD OF MIKEL LESHOURE
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                    Oh yes, Campbell is far preferable. Though last year we briefly thought Hanie was good. We were quickly corrected.
                    Not I, sir! I was rightfully pessimistic about Hanie and the Hanie-led Bears. I knew the Bears were done as soon as Cutler went down.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I STAND CORRECTED

BRING ME THE SEVERED HEADS OF MIKEL LESHOURE AND JOIQUE BELL
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        I STAND CORRECTED

BRING ME THE SEVERED HEADS OF MIKEL LESHOURE AND JOIQUE BELL
                        Would you take Jahvid Best's concussed head instead?
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Anyone know how I can watch a replay of the fumble by Detroit near the end of the first half? It seemed to me that Briggs recovered it (in addition to forcing the fumble) but it looks like the credited it to Julius Peppers (and I can't find a replay).

Comment

• Al, you are not a Bears fan, so irrelevant.

Guy, when does the Lions' flight get in? I was expecting them to show up by now...

Comment

• Peppers fell on it. Briggs knocked it out, then Peppers got between Leshoure and Briggs to recover it.

Comment

• Two red zone fumbles. Amazing.

Scary that it's still just a 2-score game. 4th-quarter comebacks are about the only thing Detroit's good at.
                                (Not a bad thing to be good at, btw...)

Comment

Working...
                                X