No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More interesting to me is the fact that of the 5 winners, 4 of us had losing records at the start of this week, only the "Deviations" (Koya) had a winning record after three weeks and still won this week.
    Yep, I was the only loser who didn't pick up a win this week - Stevie Johnson put up 4 points when Buffalo rang up 52. I'll take those odds every week. Had he put up 14, I'd have won.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm not too worried - I've not had a week under 132, which is high for me, and that was 100 percent on PR. Had I started Flacco, I would have had 170. I just haven't had the ups and downs the other teams have had over the course of the year. This was actually my best week so far, and I've been getting stronger every week.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Thank you Bears for making sure I win one league this week and for embarrassing Tony Romo on national television.

We all going to act like Romo didn't throw 5 picks?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• There's a feeding frenzy in Texas this morning.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• GET ALL THE FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK THE **** OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!!

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Yeah, seriously, the fantasy thread is right at the top of the forum.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                GET ALL THE FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK THE **** OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!!

ACK!
                This. Don't make me moderate this thread
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  There's a feeding frenzy in Texas this morning.
                  Romo threw more touchdown passes to Bears' players than Cowboys'!
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Didn't Lance Briggs have the longest catch?

Comment

• The Boyz/Bears game was just painful to watch. I found myself wishing that Romo would throw more picks as the game progressed. Strangely that made me feel better about the first ones and the game in general.
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Bad defense...
                        No running game...
                        Terrible offensive line play...
                        WR's that don't know the playbook...
                        TE with a ruptured spleen...
                        Tony Romo...

Put a fork in these Cowgirls. They're done.

October [ok-toh-ber] n. 1. The 10th month of the year; 2. Choke time for Tony Romo; formerly December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                          19-0 baby, you hear it here first.

Don't drink the hateraide.
                          Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                          The Boyz/Bears game was just painful to watch. I found myself wishing that Romo would throw more picks as the game progressed. Strangely that made me feel better about the first ones and the game in general.
                          I'm guessing the 19-0 is no longer likely then Spaced?
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• 19-0 stopped when the Seattle Seahawks blew them out 27-7.

The Cowgirls will come off their bye to face the following opponents...

@ Baltimore
                            @ Carolina
                            New York Giants
                            @ Atlanta
                            @ Philadelphia

And they still have another game against the Eagles, two dates with RG3, and the Bengals and Steelers.

Sloww and Spaced mightaswell start dreaming about a certain Oklahoma Sooner* QB

*it stings, doesn't it?

Comment

• Nope. Romo gets hurt and Orton comes in and leads them to the playoffs.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Orton came in when the Bears didn't care anymore. Did any of you even watch the game? If anyone even caught a glimpse of the game, go back and read advice to Donegal.
                                Romo looks like a pinball on every single play for the same reason Murray is ineffective, the OL. Throw in that Dez Bryant habitually runs the wrong route and Ogie waits for the ball, rather than going to the ball, and Romo has plenty of company to share the blame.
                                Yeah, Alby. Romo had 5 interceptions on his stat sheet, but at least 2 of them were WR breakdowns. Three interceptions is certainly too many, but STFU until you understand the game.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X