No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This whole thing was stupid. I'm fairly sure the Officials realized going in that the replacements would be judged harshly. Whether they were worse or not, perception is reality.
    I'm not saying there weren't blown calls ending the Packers - Seattle game, as a for instance, but I will say that we'll never know if regular officials wouldn't have made mistakes, too. It's not like complaining about officiating is a recent development.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• do the math yourself ****.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        This whole thing was stupid. I'm fairly sure the Officials realized going in that the replacements would be judged harshly. Whether they were worse or not, perception is reality.
        I'm not saying there weren't blown calls ending the Packers - Seattle game, as a for instance, but I will say that we'll never know if regular officials wouldn't have made mistakes, too. It's not like complaining about officiating is a recent development.
        The problem Sloww, is we're seeing calls unlike what we've ever seen before. That Steven Jackson non TD. The Seahawks TD.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a fan of the replacements either. My only point is I won't be lauding the return of the regulars unduly. They stayed out for reasons and they need to prove their worth.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• do the math yourself ****.
            That doesn't support your contention that there are more errors being made.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              You've been holding the replacements to a higher standard than the regular officials.
              No, I haven't.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Reminds me a bit of the global climate change "debate". Everyone is saying x - so x MUST be wrong!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a fan of the replacements either. My only point is I won't be lauding the return of the regulars unduly. They stayed out for reasons and they need to prove their worth.
                  The number one reason they stayed out was the fact they were locked out.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Tonight's crew announced. They range from 4 to 16 years of (NFL) experience.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

That doesn't support your contention that there are more errors being made.
                      Then you concede the point because you refuse to educate yourself.

Comment

• I know this is pretty much of a dead issue now, but according to SI the replacement officials were calling more penalties/game inc. defensive holding and defensive pass interference and not calling illegal shifts.

Comment

• Then you concede the point because you refuse to educate yourself.
                          Why should I do your work for you?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Why should I do your work for you?
                            To prove me wrong based on observation of over 42 games.

Comment

• To prove me wrong based on observation of over 42 games.
                              That's not an empirical observation. It has to be verifiable.

Comment

• Guys. We have real refs now. You can stop arguing over the now-irrelevant replacement refs.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X