No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to point out that Eli Manning threw for 510 yards on Sunday...

Oh yeah and Ben, your theory about Eli not slinging it deep was wrong. The other day I read analysis that indicated that Eli led the league in yards threw the air last year, meaning it was not Victor Cruz making short catches and running for big gains. It was on ESPN but I don't remember what article it was.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Oh yeah and Ben, your theory about Eli not slinging it deep was wrong. The other day I read analysis that indicated that Eli led the league in yards threw the air last year, meaning it was not Victor Cruz making short catches and running for big gains. It was on ESPN but I don't remember what article it was.
      I said that his Y/A went up with Victor Cruz in the lineup. (ie, from before 2011, vs 2011) Are you saying a game where Victor Cruz had nearly 200 yards disproves my thesis?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• 1 yard gained, 7-0.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          I said that his Y/A went up with Victor Cruz in the lineup. (ie, from before 2011, vs 2011) Are you saying a game where Victor Cruz had nearly 200 yards disproves my thesis?
          It's as much Victor Cruz getting open deep as anything else. You implied before it was Cruz having monster yards after the catch solely.

And I wasn't saying this past game proved anything. It was an aside I wanted to return to while on the topic of Eli.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It's as much Victor Cruz getting open deep as anything else. You implied before it was Cruz having monster yards after the catch solely.
            Where did I say that? Never said anything of the sort. All I said is that Victor Cruz is responsible for Eli's improvement in Y/A. Last game reinforces the thesis as he had a monster game.

Comment

• 2 Ints for Peyton Manning. Dang. Shoulda made an offer.

Comment

• MANNING.

WHAT R U DOING?

STAHP!
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Damn, Julio drops the TD. Drats.

Comment

• Yahtzee!

Comment

• Knowsucks adds to the TO count. 4 TOs now for Denver.

Comment

• Why is the officiating so much worse this week than last week?

Simple, the players last week played fairly straight, but this week they know they can get away with more, so they do it.

The officiating is the same, the cleanliness of the players is decreasing.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• That 10-minute fiasco (literally 10 minutes!) trying to determine who recovered Moreno's fumble was horrifyingly inept. Plus, I'm pretty sure they got it wrong.
                          Upside: it was like an infomercial for the referees' negotiating team.

This can't be allowed to continue much longer.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Only saw the very end of game. Was that the one that (supposedly) Sean Weatherspoon recovered (and made me lose to Matt in the Rozelle AFC league)?

Comment

• Steve Young Telling it like it is.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He did some good production work. R.I.P.

NEW YORK -- NFL Films president Steve Sabol, half of the father-son team that revolutionized sports broadcasting and mythologized pro football into the country's favorite sport, died Tuesday from brain cancer. He was 69.

In March 2011, Sabol was diagnosed with a tumor on the left side of his brain after being hospitalized for a seizure.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X