No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny-wise, Goodell foolish. The NFL needs to suck it up and restore order with the officials. This story will get bigger every week, to the point where the league's sacred "integrity" is openly questioned.

And the NFL has only itself to blame.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Steve Young and Trent Dilfer just did.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• It will be interesting to hear what Goodell has to say about this game. I wonder how he will spin this one. This was the worst week of officiating yet.

Comment

• were I the ref's union, I'd be taking my current offer and doubling it, minimum.

They gonna get PAID.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Uhhh... WTF fake refs?!!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'd be taking my current offer and doubling it, minimum.
              In this economy? Refs will cave.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Absolutely ****ing pathetic. I prefer cfb anyway, but this really saps my interest in watching NFL.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Troll.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Penny-wise, Goodell foolish. The NFL needs to suck it up and restore order with the officials. This story will get bigger every week, to the point where the league's sacred "integrity" is openly questioned.

And the NFL has only itself to blame.
                    Are you sure? As someone pointed out on my FB page, there is an NHL lockout going on, Pennent races in MLB and NASCAR 'Chase'. All of which are huge stories in their sports. Their not even getting a blip on the radar due to the replacement refs.

I'm not saying its right, but as long as the replacement refs are in, they will be the headline of every sports program in the nation regardless of what happens in any of the other sports.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• It's going to be a busy week at NFL headquarters trying to figure out who to fine, who to suspend, and who to fire.
                      Attached Files
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        They have other jobs, something that is a point of contention with the NFL.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Apparently that was a 'fan page' and not his official page =/
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            They have other jobs, something that is a point of contention with the NFL.
                            Yeah, because if they were full time refs they couldn't strike so easily .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                              Apparently that was a 'fan page' and not his official page =/
                              Yeah, I saw that later. How disappointing. But plenty of other player complaints on Twitter.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• They have other jobs, something that is a point of contention with the NFL.
                                I'm not noticing any statistical correlation with the replacement refs vs the regular refs. Regular refs make crap calls all the time. Replacement refs are a convenient scapegoat.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X