NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    How nice for him that he's behind one of the worst offensive lines in football .
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Heh, I still can't believe Cutler got stuck with the Bears.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The Bears are good. Good RB. Good Defense. They're just unable to put together an OL.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Benson rushed 20 times for 81 yards and caught 4 passes for 36 yards, playing against the same defense as Cutler and everyone else. More typical Bears moaning,
          Benson plays for Green Bay now.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          The Bears are good. Good RB. Good Defense. They're just unable to put together an OL.
          As strange as it sounds, the Bears are a lot like the Eagles right now.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So now you're an Eagles fan?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              So now you're an Eagles fan?
              Who said ANYTHING about being an Eagles' fan? What did I say that could possibly imply that?

I said:

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              As strange as it sounds, the Bears are a lot like the Eagles right now.
              How does that betray any fandom?

I guess I can't make statements about any team but the Giants now

The Eagles could be described the same way you described the Bears, as strange as it sounds given the completely different perception of the teams (Bears as smash-mouth, Eagles as finesse). The Eagles have a great RB, good defense, lots of talent all over, but an offensive line that is atrocious and influences the QB to have crazy turnovers. Cutler and Vick play a major role in their turnovers but they are both getting hit a ton.

In the first 14 games of this NFL season, the average number of quarterback hits per game, according to official league statistics, was 4.4. Vick was hit 11 times, including two sacks, behind the line of scrimmage. That does not take into account the occasions when he gets pelted running downfield.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out why a team that "...starts running once we get off the bus..." did not do so in the game against the Pack. Did Mike Tice not get the memo? Why don't the reporters ask that question? I am not a Lovie hater like some of the other Chicago fans, but he should make sure his OC is on the same page, esp. when the Pack were beaten the week before by a team that did do lots of running. And maybe it's time for Williams to start at left tackle. Maybe he is just one of those guys who doesn't practice well - he can't be much worse than J'Marcus Webb. I'd also like to know why Tillman turned to his right instead of to his left on the fake FG. He was right there to make the tackle and just didn't seem to see the pass which was right in front of him.

Comment

• It goes deeper than that, demon. Yeah, the game plan didn't look good, but only because they didn't execute worth a damn. The fact is, the Bears self-destructed on at least one play on every first-half possession I can think of. When you get three first downs in the entire first half (one of those on penalty), you have no chance to establish tempo. I think blaming Tice because the offense played like ****e is overreaction. This loss is squarely at the feet of the O-line and Jay Cutler. Cutler was brutal in every way -- accuracy and decision-making in particular.

And for the record, no Bears coach has used the line "we get off the bus running" even once this year. (Yes, I've been watching.)

Good point on Tillman, though. In many ways, that play was the ballgame.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Lovie said it in June, 2010. I only know because of Google.

Comment

• "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• AFC East just got a lot more interesting, depending on the injuries to Wilfork, Hernandez, and the already thin Pats O-Line.

Not that that's a good thing.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Notwithstanding everything that happened earlier in the game, the replacement refs just cost NE a win.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Notwithstanding everything that happened earlier in the game, the replacement refs just cost NE a win.
                            Damn, the Cheatroits lost one?

Newsflash, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE NFL IS CHEERING.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You seem to have (unsurprisingly) missed the important part of that statement.

Comment

• You seem to have (unsurprisingly) missed the important part of that statement.
                                What, that the Cheatroits lost?

Comment

Working...
                                X