X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    To answer your question, lower then Rex Grossman:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2011
    That's not the question I asked. The issue at hand is how many games with a QBR over 70 did QB's have. I see no such information at your link.

By the way, one game in and Sanchez is #2 in QBR this season

FYI, this points out that Sanchez' postseason performances were among the best since 2008: http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/...alltime-season

Oddly enough, the best QB performance since 2008, according to ESPN's metric, was Charlie Batch's replacement duty against the Bucs in 2010. He posted a 100 QBR (106.5 passer rating) on a 12/17 186yd 3td 2int performance. Not sure how that's a 100 QBR.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 13, 2012, 22:32.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      That's not the question I asked. The issue at hand is how many games with a QBR over 70 did QB's have. I see no such information at your link.

By the way, one game in and Sanchez is #2 in QBR this season

FYI, this points out that Sanchez' postseason performances were among the best since 2008: http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/...alltime-season

Oddly enough, the best QB performance since 2008, according to ESPN's metric, was Charlie Batch's replacement duty against the Bucs in 2010. He posted a 100 QBR (106.5 passer rating) on a 12/17 186yd 3td 2int performance. Not sure how that's a 100 QBR.
      If you looked at the week to week stats that are on there, you would have found that Sanchez hit above 70 3 times. He led the league in week 2 with a 94.1 and was dead last 2 different weeks, Week 4 at 0.8 and Week 15 at 3.2.

Sanchez, Tebow and Curtis Painter all came in last on 2 different weeks.

Rivers lead the week 3 times with Rodgers, Brees, Stafford and MATT MOORE all led the week twice.

Do your own homework next time.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Weird. Doesn't seem like a performance for the ages. I remember it but... the best QB performance since '08 includes 2 INTs?
        Please.

In other news, the Bears suck, and Clay Matthews is why.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Saw this at ESPN:

QBR is ESPN's proprietary QB rating. Interesting that Sam Bradford has had only 2 solid performances by their metric in 27 starts which is really bad.

I'm guessing it's because he's checkdown charlie and gets sacked a lot.

I'm disappointed the chart doesn't go further because it would be intriguing to see where other QB's stand and what the average is like. I'd be especially interested in how some much maligned QB's like Sanchez rate.
          Sanchez has a more solid team around him than Bradford. Bradford is doing the best that he can do, with what he has to work with every day.
          You're just one of the typical idiots that gives all the credit, or all of the the blame, to the QB. You cite statistics continually, but have no idea what's driving the stats.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• A lot of people want to focus on off the field pot smoking, but Benson had a really good night; while in Chicago Michael Bush will show his worth. I think he'll respond well.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Anyone find it odd that Alby didn't even reference the Giants?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Benson had one of his usual games. Some decent runs mixed with a bunch of negative ones. His best play was a dumpoff where Urlacher for some reason decided to cover the TE in the flat (in a cover 2, where he has no responsibility in the flat) so Benson was ten yards from the nearest Bear.

I think everyone knows who Benson is now - a replacement level RB who will occasionally have good games mixed with occasional horrible games.

The Bears just showed you why Lovie really, really has to go. He can't adjust. My one year old could tell Jamarcus Webb couldn't handle Clay Matthews, and yet play after play he had sole responsibility to block him. Any sane coach walks up to Kellen Davis or whomever and says, 'OK, your job: line up opposite Clay Matthews and double team him' for the rest of the game (or alternately has the appropriate side guard pull to double team him). Yet play after play I saw matthews just running around Webb with not even a chip from a TE or RB.

This was just like the Giants game two years ago. No adjustment to the obvious flaws in the team. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me five times, sigh...

Cutler also was underthrowing his passes for some reason, but I suspect a lot of that had to do with people being in his face so much that he wasn't concentrating on the throw. That's been a well documented Cutler problem throughout the years - he doesn't throw well when he can't concentrate on the throw.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  That's been a well documented Cutler problem throughout the years - he doesn't throw well when he can't concentrate on the throw.
                  Isn't that a well documented QUARTERBACK problem? Hence, the impetus to get pressure on the QB for every defense ever?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Benson rushed 20 times for 81 yards and caught 4 passes for 36 yards, playing against the same defense as Cutler and everyone else. More typical Bears moaning,

Comment

• I thought it was a fairly even-handed assessment. Snoop didn't say it was unfair, didn't blame the refs, and indicted the Bears' blocking scheme and coaching. Benson had a solid game based on the Bears' 7-in-the-box base defense. His 4 receptions is probably a career high (career-best season is 28 catches). And Clay Matthews was like a kid on Christmas morning.

The bottom line is that the Bears defense actually played decently, but the offense just sucked -- 168 total yards, 2.9 yds/play. Pathetic.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What he's the most right about is that Lovie better put his house on the market.

Comment

• I've been saying that since the Bears Super Bowl run in 2007.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            Isn't that a well documented QUARTERBACK problem? Hence, the impetus to get pressure on the QB for every defense ever?
                            Cutler more than most, though. More than most quarterbacks at his otherwise extant talent level.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              [Abe_Simpson_mode]
                              I remember when the Bears won it back in '63. That was real football, boy. Every drive was uphill, against the wind, and in the snow. The Bears ran it down your throat or threw it to Ditka, and on defense they just beat the crap out the quarterback until he gave them the ball. Those were the days... I'm telling you, they haven't played real football in the NFL since they let that pansy Namath boy beat the Colts.
                              [/Abe_Simpson_mode]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172538[/ATTACH]
                              This was back in 19Dickety3. We had to say Dickety, because the Kaiser had stolen our word for "twenty".
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                                Cutler more than most, though. More than most quarterbacks at his otherwise extant talent level.
                                How nice for him that he's behind one of the worst offensive lines in football .

Comment

Working...
                                X