No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random weird fact. For 4 years now, the team that the Eagles played in their home opener has won the Super Bowl. In 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, and 2012 Ravens.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hey Ben, AP won MVP. You're going to rage about that one, too?
      After seeing their playoff game? AP not winning MVP would have been a travesty. That team would have been dead last without him.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Your ****ing stupid and racist
        Truth hurts. Had he been black, he would have won it.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Umm you explain to me how throwing 18 picks helps your team win.
          Tell me how getting injured and sitting out crucial must-win games helps your team. Luck did everything this year, and far exceeded expectations. 4375 yards in a season as a rookie. That's insane.

Yards are factored into the QB rating along with a lot of other important stuff, you fool... you know, like touchdowns, interceptions, completion %, yards per attempt. Or does that stuff not matter?
          So because you mix gold with **** you get polished gold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

At least we can be sure affirmative action is alive and well.
            You're a ****ing ****** and obviously racist. If you'd been paying attention at all, you'd know that RG3 pretty much won game after game for the Redskins.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              Your ****ing stupid and racist
              QFT

I wonder if Ben will think it's racist when a black guy inevitably wins some kind of MVP award for the NBA?

Comment

Wow, Balls of steel. 4th and 9 and they get 8 off the Fake field goal.
                It was stupid. SF running up the middle the whole first half was also stupid.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I think this thread shows definitively that Ben is racist as ****.

RGIII is 6th in the NFL in Football Outsiders' QBR. Luck is 11.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It was stupid. SF running up the middle the whole first half was also stupid.
                    Won a superbowl.

Comment

• I wonder if Ben will think it's racist when a black guy inevitably wins some kind of MVP award for the NBA?
                      I don't watch NBA. I heard the Spurs are kinda good.

Comment

• If you'd been paying attention at all, you'd know that RG3 pretty much won game after game for the Redskins.
                        Luck won more.

Comment

• It didn't win this year. The game got close when SF started playing the game they played all year.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I think this thread shows definitively that Ben is racist as ****.
                            I love it how everyone who argues that Luck was definitively the best rookie this year is a racist. Gosh, that's sooo openminded.

RGIII is 6th in the NFL in Football Outsiders' QBR. Luck is 11.
                            How many times does RGIII show up in the record books? Zero.

Comment

Truth hurts. Had he been black, he would have won it.
                              Only a racist believes this.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If Luck were black, he would have won it. No question.
                                Look, I know you're trolling, but let's look at this assertion. There are currently three versions of the ROY:

1. The AP NFL Rookie of the Year award is an annual award given to the top offensive and defensive rookie players in the NFL. Winners are selected by a nationwide panel of 50 members of the Associated Press who regularly cover the league. Ballots are cast at the end of the regular season, before the playoffs. 2012 winner: Robert Griffin III

2. The Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year award is an annual award given since 2002 to the top rookie in the NFL. The winner is selected by fans through an online voting process at NFL.com. 2012 winner: Russell Wilson

3. The Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA) Rookie of the Year awards -- given annually to an offensive and defensive rookie in the NFL since 1969, except in 1985. The winners are chosen by PFW writers/editors and PFWA members. 2012 winner: Robert Griffin III

None of these awards is given by the league, and none is voted on by the players.

So what you're claiming is that sportswriters are (pro-black) racist, and that the fans (who - like the press - are overwhelmingly white) are as well. Either that, or that the NFL - comprised of teams owned by rich white guys - is anti-white and somehow controls the writers.

The only reasonable explanation is that you're an ill-informed troll talking out his ass.
                                Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 4, 2013, 03:39.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X