No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell, Martin still has a shot as well.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Before this week's games, here's the numbers:

QB1: 279/503 (55.5%) 3596yds 17TDs 16INTs; 44 rushes 216yds 5TDs
      QB2: 218/325 (67.1%) 2660yds 17TDs 4INTs; 105 rushes 714yds 6TDs
      QB3: 201/317 (63.4%) 2344yds 19TDs 8INTs; 66 rushes 298yds

Spoiler:
      QB1: Andrew Luck
      QB2: RG3
      QB3: Russell Wilson

RG3's stats are awesomely efficient. Have you ever seen a rookie QB complete 67.1% of his passes and throw only 4INTs in 12 games (make that 13 after this week)? That is insane. Plus 714yds rushing and 6 rushing TDs! Absolutely incredible.

Luck is about volume. He's on pace to break Newton's yardage record and has been a redzone force running the ball himself. Unfortunately, all that volume means his completion % is low and he's thrown a ton of INTs. He has the best record of the 3, though.

Wilson is smack in the middle statistically and in getting wins. He's the balanced guy on the run-first team so he doesn't throw as much but he's nearly as efficient as RG3.

Luck is the king of the comebacks. 5 game winning drives including 3 4th quarter comebacks. RG3 has had two, both comebacks. Again, Wilson is the middle man with 3 game winning drives, all of them comebacks.
      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 9, 2012, 19:06.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, Luck has more than 1000 yards passing over everyone else. He should get it.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Yeah, Luck has more than 1000 yards passing over everyone else. He should get it.
          Yet he doesn't have the most TD's and he has a dozen more picks than RG3. And he's Mendoza level on the completion %.

Are you trolling?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The only thing that could hurt RG III is that Cousins came in and played just as well and engineered the comeback win against Baltimore today.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Yet he doesn't have the most TD's and he has a dozen more picks than RG3. And he's Mendoza level on the completion %.
              Still better than Anything Vick has done his entire career, FWIW.

Are you trolling?
              Luck's clearly the best QB of the bunch, and the best player. He's got what, 1 less TD?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Seahawks up 45-0 on the Cardinals

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Yeah, Luck has more than 1000 yards passing over everyone else. He should get it.
                  3596-2660 is 936. Luck does not have more than 1000 yards passing over RG3.

And after this week's games, RG3 made the margin smaller so don't give me you were counting this week's games.

Weren't you all obsessed about Y/A in a previous debate?

Luck: 7.14
                  RG3: 8.18
                  Wilson: 7.39

Comment

• 45-0 Seahawks. 3 TDs for Lynch.

Comment

• And after this week's games, RG3 shrunk the margin.
                      RG3 also took a Vick-like injury and wrote himself out of the award, while Luck has 3 more games to pile up the stats.

Comment

• Griffin also has an 1100 yard rusher on his team, Luck doesn't have anyone over 500 yards.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Luck has one of this generation's greatest WR's in Reggie Wayne. Griffin has... Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, and Aldrick Robinson?

Comment

• Luck has one of this generation's greatest WR's in Reggie Wayne. Griffin has... Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, and Aldrick Robinson?
                            So we should penalize Luck for having Reggie Wayne on his team?

Comment

• Why are you only talking about QBs? Doug Martin and Alfred Morris are tied at #3 for rushing yards. None of the three rookie QBs are in the top 3.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                                Why are you only talking about QBs? Doug Martin and Alfred Morris are tied at #3 for rushing yards. None of the three rookie QBs are in the top 3.
                                Of course none of them are in the top three for rushing yards, because Rushing Yards isn't a QB stat! (just kidding Donegeal, before you point out the obvious, I was trying to be funny )
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X