No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But Ben, he was the Broncos' offensive coordinator the last 3 years You hate him!
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
      You need to qualify that statement, sir. "If all you've got is the running game in current NFL football, unless you have Adrian Peterson, you will get stuffed

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PeteAd01.htm
      AP is a great player, and fun to watch, but without other credible threats, his career will be shortened and you're always one unlucky play away from redoing your whole offense and spending a lot of time in rebuild mode.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

You need to qualify that statement, sir. "If all you've got is the running game in current NFL football, unless you have Adrian Peterson, you will get stuffed

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PeteAd01.htm
        AP is a great player, and fun to watch, but without other credible threats, his career will be shortened and you're always one unlucky play away from redoing your whole offense and spending a lot of time in rebuild mode.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• But Ben, he was the Broncos' offensive coordinator the last 3 years You hate him!
          Why would I hate McCoy? I hate Shanarat and his chopblocks. McCoy doesn't do that. Neither does Fisher. I really don't care too much about this edition of the Broncos, since without them the Chargers would be in the playoffs and still running with Norv.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Only because the AFC West would be the worst division in the NFL. Schottenheimer was canned after a 14-2 team lost to the Patriots in the playoffs. Norv winning the division at 8-8 and going one and done in the wildcard wouldn't have saved his job, and with AJ Smith around, that's all the Chargers were good for. I think it's too bad that Norv got the ax, because he was sandbagged by Smith.

Comment

• I think it's hilarious that Ben still maintains his hard-on for Schottenheimer, who was one of the most classically conservative coaches in NFL history. Marty lost his job over his inability and/or unwillingness to adjust to the modern NFL. I agree that it was a shame, and largely undeserved.

But I'm not convinced that the total number of Vince Lombardi trophies in San Diego would be any different had he stayed.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think it's hilarious that Ben still maintains his hard-on for Schottenheimer, who was one of the most classically conservative coaches in NFL history. Marty lost his job over his inability and/or unwillingness to adjust to the modern NFL. I agree that it was a shame, and largely undeserved.

But I'm not convinced that the total number of Vince Lombardi trophies in San Diego would be any different had he stayed.
                JR - suppose da Bears never won a superbowl. Never had Sweetness. Never kissed a ring before. They fall to the bottom of the league and become a laughingstock. So they take a flyer on your favourite player of all time. That puts da Bears on your map.

Then da Bears acquire a coach that takes them from the bottomfeeders and they have two of the best players you've ever seen, guaranteed hall of famers in your mind. Then one of the same hall of famer does something nobody else has ever done in the league, under this coach. They go from being 1-15 pre coach to 14-2?

Wouldn't you have a goddamn hardon for this coach? Forever?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I think it's hilarious that Ben still maintains his hard-on for Schottenheimer, who was one of the most classically conservative coaches in NFL history. Marty lost his job over his inability and/or unwillingness to adjust to the modern NFL. I agree that it was a shame, and largely undeserved.

Part of the issue there was that Marty (good guy, I met him and several of the players at charity events) didn't like AJ Smith micromanaging and going well beyond the GM's job and generally making an ******* of himself. Smith didn't like that Marty didn't lick his boots, so they actually literally ddin't talk to each other for two full years. 14-2 isn't a bad failure to adjust to the NFL. I think the number of Lombardi trophies in San Diego will remain where it is under current ownership, however, the team will improve from the Smith era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Wouldn't you have a goddamn hardon for this coach? Forever?
                    Only if his name was Belichick.

Comment

• Bears get Trestman! Yea!*

I reserve the right to start *****ing again after two seasons based on the fact that this wasn't actually my choice to make.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I think it was a good hire. Time will tell.

Comment

• We'll see. I am cautiously optimistic, until the first Jay Cutler press conference.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Can't wait for the first punt on 3rd down.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• (exposing my lack of CFL knowledge) Why?
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

(exposing my lack of CFL knowledge) Why?
                                Only 3 downs in canadian football.

Also, can't wait for 12 men on the field or illegal motion.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X