No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He thinks football was always played like it is now.
    Which explains why we see three QBs with 30k yardage 20 years apart from each other. The year that Rivers entered the NFL was the year that defense disappeared.

Maybe we can asterisk Favre's records too.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yardage meant little even before. Testaverde is 7th all time in yardage, Kerry Collins is 12th, Dave Krieg is 15th, Jim Everett at 19th with 34+K. None of these guys were even good.

Meanwhile Steve Young is lowly 25th, behind such luminaries as those I mentioned plus Steve DeBerg and Matt Hasselbeck.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Eli-Rivers-Big Ben is a pretty great draft class, and no other really comes close over the past 25 years or so.

But how about 1983... John Elway, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino -- plus Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien. Not bad!
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yardage meant little even before. Testaverde is 7th all time in yardage, Kerry Collins is 12th, Dave Krieg is 15th, Jim Everett at 19th with 34+K. None of these guys were even good.
          Now I know you're not a giants fan.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Now I know you're not a giants fan.
            What does this even mean?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• FWIW: GB, Houston, Indy, Seattle
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What a boring game, but I should be used to those by now.

Cincy couldn't move ball on third down and Houston couldn't get it done in red zone. I expect a lot more from the late game.

Bears to interview a CFL coach. Thinking outside the box. Cowher is my first choice if he wants to coach again, but doubt it will happen. Bears will probably go for someone who hasn't been a head coach yet, as they have in their whole history.

Comment

• I expect a lot more from the late game.
                  What late game? Green Bay earned a bye.

Comment

What late game? Green Bay earned a bye.
                    Shut up, stupid.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Shut up, stupid.
                      That has to be the worst performance I've seen from a 'playoff' team in awhile. It's the NFC North, so I suppose it's to be expected.

Comment

That has to be the worst performance I've seen from a 'playoff' team in awhile. It's the NFC North, so I suppose it's to be expected.
                        Expert recap and game analysis of the New York Giants vs. Atlanta Falcons NFL game from January 8, 2012 on ESPN.

Comment

• I'm sure Albert loved it since the Vikings had a QB who could run with the ball.

Comment

• I love you, Ray Rice.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I had the exact same thought as Boris...

Comment

• No, I did not think about having sex with Ray Rice, so you're on your own with that one.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X