Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRT144
    replied
    I don't doubt Freeman will be the starter at all. I'm just saying, he bears some of the responsibility for his season, not just his WRs and ****ty defense.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    Freeman was a large part of why Freeman sucked last year. 2010 was likely a fluke for him. Tampa's D also did nothing to help at all.
    So you think the Bucs have not committed to Freeman? You think there's any interest in Peyton Manning there? Freeman will be the starter for the Bucs at least through next season and likely until his contract expires after the 2013 season.

Freeman's ceiling is still there and it's high. We know where Cutler is at. We've seen Cutler. He's not going to look like Drew Brees anytime soon, no matter who else is on his team. His best season by far, his final year in Denver, he was not really that impressive. He just threw a lot (616 pass attempts) and had Brandon Marshall.

Of course, the Bears have committed to Cutler as well and are not after Peyton Manning.

I'm just not seeing how or why the Bucs would be interested in Peyton Manning? They have the guy they're trying to turn into 'the guy' for them: Josh Freeman.

Leave a comment:

• MRT144
    replied
    Freeman was a large part of why Freeman sucked last year. 2010 was likely a fluke for him. Tampa's D also did nothing to help at all.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
    What real weapons does Cutler have? Mike Williams would be a clear WR1 on the Bears and their TEs are blockers. Forte is good, but he's a check down guy.

Last year, despite all that, we saw Cutler produce 32 points per game during their 5 game win streak and appeared to be Green Bay's biggest challenge to repeating.

Then look what happened after Cutler was injured. Despite having several Probowl players, Cutler was the Bears MVP.
    Mike Williams played and started all 16 games but finished the year with 65 receptions and 771 yards... Freeman threw for 3592 so it's not like the passing yards weren't there.

You know who else had 700+ yards? Johnny Knox.

Mike Williams is not a WR1. He may still develop into one but how the hell do you consider a third year guy who never had 1000 yards and was awful last year to be a clear WR1 on any team, even the Bears?

A WR1 is supposed to get to 1000 yards right? Especially when his QB is throwing nearly 3600, plus Josh Johnson's 220 from his one start. He was the Bucs WR1 and couldn't do it. What makes you think he'd be better in Chicago?

Matt Forte, on the other hand, was dominant last year as a runner and a receiver. Checkdown guy? He still caught 52 passes for 490 yards in only 12 games. The Bucs have no weapon close to Forte.

By the way, Cutler only completed 58% of his passes last year.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 9, 2012, 17:30.

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied
    What real weapons does Cutler have? Mike Williams would be a clear WR1 on the Bears and their TEs are blockers. Forte is good, but he's a check down guy.

Last year, despite all that, we saw Cutler produce 32 points per game during their 5 game win streak and appeared to be Green Bay's biggest challenge to repeating.

Then look what happened after Cutler was injured. Despite having several Probowl players, Cutler was the Bears MVP.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
    No. Freeman sucked last year. Flacco didn't and neither did Cutler.

ACK!
    The entire Bucs team was terrible last year. What real weapons does Freeman have? Mike Williams regressed and Kellen Winslow is a shadow. Blount was crappy, too.

Last year, we saw Freeman at his worst and he was no worse than Cutler at his worst (in his first season in Chicago).

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I see no reason why the Bucs would be interested in Manning. I've never heard anything but that Freeman is the man in TB.

Honestly, Chicago and Baltimore have worse QB situations than Freeman in Tampa. I'd figure them being deep dark-horses before TB, but we also know they are just as committed to their QB's as Tampa is to Freeman.

The Bucs also brought in former Giants QB coach Mike Sullivan (QB coach over past two seasons) for OC. They evidently want to develop Freeman.
    No. Freeman sucked last year. Flacco didn't and neither did Cutler.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Why would the Browns have an interest? It was stupid to even include them. I think he'll go to Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied
    Ok, maybe I'm on the Kool-aid a bit, but not nearly as much as most people think.

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    You're crazy Al. You give Cutler the same weapons and protection as Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees and he'd be right there with them.
    Umm...no.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    You're crazy Al. You give Cutler the same weapons and protection as Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees and he'd be right there with them.
    Jay Cutler is mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Updates:
    -Browns saying they have no interest in Manning.
    -Manning reported as having no interest in Washington.
    -Broncos are out because Tebow and Manning are both with CAA (agents) and endorsements would suffer.
    -Manning's people say he's open to a move to the NFC (good news for Seattle and Arizona).

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Minny = probably one of the 12.
    Texas is on the record as "no interest, we love Schaub's 11 starts/yr."
    Buffalo should be interested, but probably knows they don't have a prayer with their weather.
    Tampa? It would be the equivalent of signing with Indy again -- young, bad, and rebuilding.

SF is probably playing it close to the vest, since Alex Smith is such a delicate flower.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    You think the Bucs are not an option for Manning because they are 'set' with Freeman?
    I see no reason why the Bucs would be interested in Manning. I've never heard anything but that Freeman is the man in TB.

Honestly, Chicago and Baltimore have worse QB situations than Freeman in Tampa. I'd figure them being deep dark-horses before TB, but we also know they are just as committed to their QB's as Tampa is to Freeman.

The Bucs also brought in former Giants QB coach Mike Sullivan (QB coach over past two seasons) for OC. They evidently want to develop Freeman.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 8, 2012, 19:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X