NOOO!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Maybe even in Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Hey, Jon Gruden officially announced (whatever that means) today that he's ready to leave the booth and take an NFL head coaching job.

Chucky lives.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Nah Redskins will go for Landry Jones. The way Shanahan's talking about depth in his latest comments to the media, I don't see them giving up a lot for a QB. Shanahan wants to make the most out of his picks.

Leave a comment:

• Zopperoni
    replied
    Who says the Colts will be in a position to draft Andrew Luck?

Rams can still get the #1 overall pick.

Browns (lots of trade firepower after the Julio Jones trade), Dolphins/Chiefs (as part of a new coaching regime) or Redskins (coach has a track record with another Stanford QB) could trade up and draft Luck in front of the Colts.

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    They've won 2 games with him.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    You say that like Orlovsky is a saving grace or something.

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    They can't be because it's looking more and more like St. Louis will have that pick. The Colts have a very winnable final game against the Jaguars.

All this discussion and the Colts may not even be in a position to draft Luck, after all
    If they both lose the Colts will still get it because of Strength of Schedule. I'm betting Orlovsky doesn't play next week.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
    Indy tanked the season so they could get Luck. Just like the Spurs did in the mid-90's when David Robinson was hurt for an entire year, the Spurs tanked and got Tim Duncan, won 4 championships. A little different since they play the same position, but that is what they are doing.

ACK!
    They can't be because it's looking more and more like St. Louis will have that pick. The Colts have a very winnable final game against the Jaguars.

All this discussion and the Colts may not even be in a position to draft Luck, after all

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    Indy tanked the season so they could get Luck. Just like the Spurs did in the mid-90's when David Robinson was hurt for an entire year, the Spurs tanked and got Tim Duncan, won 4 championships. A little different since they play the same position, but that is what they are doing.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Same song, 73rd verse. Is this all that you have to offer?

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Hey when are the Cowgirls going to replace Romo with a guy who can actually win in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Naturally, I think I have the better opinion , but if they go with what others are saying, Baylor has a QB they may can get.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrowhawk
    replied
    I'm not sure any option is a great option, if they trade Luck and get 5 more healthy years out of Peyton, they could have 5 GREAT years if they get some quality in return for him, but I still suspect in 10 years time we would be criticizing the Colts as the team that traded Andrew Luck (if the hype is to be believed).

No idea which way they will go, but I really would have liked to have seen a team get Luck that doesn't already have a Hall of Fame Quarterback.

It has been suggested above that Luck could "carry the clipboard" for a few years, but given the success of some recent first year quarterbacks, straight out of the draft, will Luck really be willing to do that? I am not sure which I find harder to believe....a still healthy Manning stepping back after a couple years to let Luck take the helm, or a ready and rarring to go Luck staying on the sidelines for a couple of years. Neither seems optimal to me (though it might be the best situation for the Colts, not sure any QB would want it).

/me

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Yeah I'd go for a 2nd-3rd rounder QB. I don't know how this class is but if they can get the equivalent of a Ryan Mallett, that'd be a great (and very low risk) pickup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X