Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not what you said, idiot.

It's also why I traded him and kept Vincent Jackson and Davone Bess. I expect both to do better than Austin this year.
    Vincent Jackson?

What about him?

Through the first two games:

Miles Austin: 14 for 233 and 4TDs
    Vincent Jackson: 12 for 203 and 3TDs

Austin is still ahead in receptions, yards, and scores. WRONG!
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That's not what you said, idiot.
      I had Austin benched in week one.

Traded him and got pieces I needed.

Through the first two games:

Miles Austin: 14 for 233 and 4TDs
      Vincent Jackson: 12 for 203 and 3TDs

Austin is still ahead in receptions, yards, and scores. WRONG!
      For now, yes, but Romo is out. We'll see how he does then.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• He did just dandy last year with Kitna

And no. Romo is not out. You realize he came back and won the game, right? He might miss a game or two and come back in a flak jacket. This won't be that serious.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• And wow at classic Ben. You say something retarded like Davone Bess will have a better year than Miles Austin and when the games play out and you're obviously wrong, you act like you meant something else. Not only did you clearly say that, but I repeated it in disbelief and you responded with "You heard it here first". No getting out of this, sucker.

Comment

• So here's a fantasy question that might generate some debate... at what point do you play a TE as a flex, if your league allows you to?

I was really disappointed by TB Mike Williams (1 for -4) in my auction league and would have been better off starting both Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez is a complicated player himself since Gronkowski is there, but, in general, what sort of TE trumps a WR? Do you start two top-10 TE's over a top-20 WR or only over a top-30 WR? Anyone ever run any averages and deviations to determine such cross-position rankings? I could do it myself but curious if anyone else thought about this?

Comment

• So in D/ST league, anyone besides me notice the huge spread in points with defenses? Ozzy scored 32 on me today. His defense was his #2 scorer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                So Jamaal Charles is out for the season, Arian Foster's hamstring is preventing him from playing full games, and Chris Johnson has been a non-factor despite being healthy.

That's 3 of the top 5 RB's struggling, though AP and Ray Rice are going strong.

Just goes to show you the risk of picking a top RB.
                Or it just shows that the market selects top 5 RBs poorly. LeSean McCoy should've been going first overall after news of Foster's hamstring injury.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  So in D/ST league, anyone besides me notice the huge spread in points with defenses? Ozzy scored 32 on me today. His defense was his #2 scorer.
                  The hope was that defenses would begin to be a factor, so I'm glad that's happening.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                    Or it just shows that the market selects top 5 RBs poorly. LeSean McCoy should've been going first overall after news of Foster's hamstring injury.
                    If the market selects poorly (wait... stop talking like Kuci ), that just means exactly as I said... there's a lot of risk there.

And no, McCoy wouldn't have gone first overall. Not with consensus opinions about AP, Ray Rice, CJ, and Charles. McCoy was seen as #6, I think, by most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                      The hope was that defenses would begin to be a factor, so I'm glad that's happening.
                      I noticed it last week. I've got 33 from the Jets this week, and saw Jag had -2.
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• These differences probably should get toned down for next year. They seem a little steep, especially compared to starters in other positions.

Comment

• And wow at classic Ben. You say something retarded like Davone Bess will have a better year than Miles Austin
                          They year is not yet over. I was right about Vincent Jackson and I expect to be right about Bess as well. We shall see, whether I was correct.

and when the games play out and you're obviously wrong, you act like you meant something else.
                          What I said is that over the year, I expected Bess to be better. The year is not yet over.

Not only did you clearly say that, but I repeated it in disbelief and you responded with "You heard it here first". No getting out of this, sucker.
                          You did. Right on Vincent Jackson, and wrong, so far on Bess, but it's a long season.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• LeSean McCoy should've been going first overall after news of Foster's hamstring injury.
                            The only players I thought would be worthwhile were Ray Rice, MJD and Gore. I didn't get any of them, although I was tempted by MJD and Gore over Roddy.

I felt very strongly that there was value lower down for RBs this season. So far, it looks like I was right, although missing Sproles was a blow to my team.

Comment

• You're not right on Vincent Jackson, fool. Miles Austin has more receptions, more yards, and more TD's so far. How the **** are you right?

And how the hell is Bess going to have a monster year? The Dolphins have this guy who you don't like but who's actually an elite WR... he wears a #15 and holds the NFL record for most receptions in a game. He also has 413 career receptions and 5000 career yards over 5 seasons.

Davone Bess is not going to have a better year than Marshall and he'd need a better year than Marshall to have a better year than Austin.

Comment

• You're not right on Vincent Jackson, fool. Miles Austin has more receptions, more yards, and more TD's so far. How the **** are you right?
                                It's a long season.

And how the hell is Bess going to have a monster year? The Dolphins have this guy who you don't like but who's actually an elite WR... he wears a #15 and holds the NFL record for most receptions in a game. He also has 413 career receptions and 5000 career yards over 5 seasons.
                                You mean the guy who drops more passes than anybody else?

Comment

Working...
                                X