No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torain is worthless because you don't know if he's ever going to see the field in a Shanahan offense, he's hurt a lot (injured now, in fact), and he's behind Hightower and Helu.
    I spent a buck on him. Yeah, he's taking up a roster slot, but this way I get rid of a player and I have to dump slots to do the deal.

Austin Collie has Kerry Collins throwing to him. Lee Evans (I'm assuming) will be erratic. He's more of a good sell high when he has a breakout 150 yard 2 TD game hopefully soon. DeAngelo Williams looks terrible. I don't know what happened to him.
    Well I'm high on Collie, but he doesn't help the team, except as WR depth along with Lee Evans. I have Desean + Floyd + whatever scrub I can manage.

Don't know the size of the league or the rules but looks to me like you're giving up a WR2/borderline WR1 and a RB who shouldn't be rostered for a borderline RB2 in a platoon, and two borderline WR3's. There's more upside with Williams, Evans, and Collie, but Santonio Holmes is a safe weekly starter. Torain is worthless, though.
    Right now the team as it stands has:

Brees
    Desean
    Santonio
    MJD
    SJax
    Floyd

As the big five. Trading away Cutler fixed one weakness of the team. The depth is really shallow.

If you're hurting all over, trading for more guys with upside is a good idea but if you're in a strong position, you hold on to your weekly starter
    The team is deceptively strong. It won easily last week, but it has next to no depth. Glass cannon. I believe I can fill the depth successfully with waiver wire trash, but I need more RBs to really have a chance of contending.

If Deangelo returns to form, it gives me SJax, MJD and Deangelo, which is a power trio.

I'm reluctant to trade away the strength of the team, which is that it is a powerhouse with everything clicking. All the starters can beast.

Anyways, I made a counter offer. FJax + Collie + Deangelo for Floyd + Santonio + Torain. It actually helps his team, as he is really weak on WRs.

His deal actually hurts my team as it replaces a starter with weaker depth which isn't what the team needs at this point.

I hope he accepts the revised deal. That would give me Fjax, Deangelo, MJD and SJax, with Brees and Desean, leaving me weak at WR2, and that's it.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Some tough calls this week in IDP. I hate having partly-injured guys -- Probables and Questionables with the dreaded "game time decision."
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I hear you.....I have Hakeem Nicks as a "questionable" and the best info I see is 50/50....I would happily leave the decision until Monday when he plays but by then I have no one to put in his place as they will have all played.

My other decision is which game to watch...the two I get are Pittsburgh/Seattle and Buffalo/Oakland. I think the Steelers are going to destroy Seattle (after their embarrassment against the Ravens), but it still could be entertaining to watch, and from what I saw of Oakland versus Denver last week, I think Buffalo could be 2-0 (and who would have thought Buffalo could be 2-0??). I'd be tempted to watch that one to see how much Buffalo has improved over last year.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• What was with TB Mike Williams? 1 catch for negative 4 yards? Anyone catch the game and know what was up? Was he just being covered fantastically somehow? Hurt? What's up with him?

Oh and Ben, still think Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez are crappy TE's? :angry

I may have to start starting both of them and leave Mike Williams on my bench. Seriously.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Well my glass cannon team 'just wins' baby, even with SJax on the bench.

Every other team has LT playing and FJax on the bench. 2/2 now to miss the awesome RB of awesomeness.

Also, what was up with LT? 7 touches?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I got a question for the commish's in the leagues with the waiver wire system that rotates priorities and delays pickups (I think thats MRT and Jaguar), if you got a late injury or scratch in a later game, are you stuck with your roster as is or will the ww still be open to replace the player? I like the system but I just noticed the ww is closed and we still got games to play. If thats the case then we better make all pick ups before the first wave of games on Sunday (I assume that wont be in effect for Thursday-Saturday games?)

Comment

• I managed to pick up a player about 1 hour before noon kickoff in DST. Fred David Te WAS - 17.95 points, since Ger. F. was listed as probable.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Davis' production will be cut into when Cooley gets better, but he's in a good situation now

Comment

• Well I am 1-5 now.

Poly team is 0-2 average points against is 185.

My average is 155 a week.

The solution for every team seems to be to play me.

Comment

• Crap. If I'd been paying attention and realized Lloyd wasn't playing I could have broken 200 in both leagues.
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        It's also why I traded him and kept Vincent Jackson and Davone Bess. I expect both to do better than Austin this year.
                        Well let's see how this prediction is going for you, Ben:

Week 1:
                        Bess: 5 for 92
                        Austin: 5 for 90 1TD

Week 2:
                        Bess: 2 for 42
                        Austin: 9 for 143 3TD

You suck, Ben.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                          Crap. If I'd been paying attention and realized Lloyd wasn't playing I could have broken 200 in both leagues.
                          I flirted with picking up and starting Eric Decker but went with Salas instead. Damnit. Oh well.

Comment

• I got a question, in the leagues with the waiver wire system that rotates priorities and delays pickups (I think thats MRT and Jaguar), if you got a late injury or scratch in a later game, are you stuck with your roster as is or will the ww still be open to replace the player? I like the system but I just noticed the ww is closed and we still got games to play. If thats the case then we better make all pick ups before the first wave of games on Sunday (I assume that wont be in effect for Thursday-Saturday games?)

Comment

• So Jamaal Charles is out for the season, Arian Foster's hamstring is preventing him from playing full games, and Chris Johnson has been a non-factor despite being healthy.

That's 3 of the top 5 RB's struggling, though AP and Ray Rice are going strong.

Just goes to show you the risk of picking a top RB.

Comment

• Well let's see how this prediction is going for you, Ben:
                                Romo's out.

The trade for Austin needed me Addai (12 points) and Sproles (15).

So yes, it worked out quite well for my team.

I had Devery Henderson on the bench for 20.

So yeah, Bess had a bad day, but the Austin trade was a good one for me.

Also:

Vincent Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X