No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who cares about 'team overlap'? You're way over-reacting. Especially when you're talking about players from a consistently good offense like the Giants.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, I don't like that trade, especially if it is Blount.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm just trying to figure out a way to get a bonafide #1 WR on my team.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You've got a better-than-average #2 WR, who is likely to see his production go up from last year, and either a #1 RB who is a worse-than-average injury risk who is likely to be a major workhorse, or a young #1 RB who is likely to improve this season, for a bona fide #1 WR for a team that has issues and a RB who could be a major bust or a minor sleeper.

Don't do it.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Benson sucks ass but he's been sucking ass for a while and yet the Bengals still can't find someone to take his carries. Unless the Bengals find this year's LeGarrette Blount (which they may, but I know MRT would be on it, if they do, anyway), Benson will get his carries.

Blount is the clear-cut starting RB in Tampa. Cadillac plays for St. Louis now. Blount will get his.

Ryan Grant seemed to have a lot of potential for a big year since James Starks seemed over-rated (he really only showed up in the playoff game against the Eagles and didn't do much otherwise; like Shonn Greene two years ago but not as impressive). However, Ryan Grant has looked like he's missing something in preseason and in training camp. Looks like he's pretty much done. And even if he still has something in the tank, he's in a committee situation on a pass-first team.

Mario Manningham had 944 yards and 9 TDs last year and he barely even played the first half of the season. Manningham is the real deal. We all know Manning is going to throw for 4000 yards and with Smith and Boss gone, who really is going to get those yards? Nicks will get his 1200, Bradshaw will get ~400, and you're still talking 2000+ yards to be split between Manningham and whoever steps up at TE (Beckum, probably) and #3 WR (probably Hixon). The Giants will likely produce 2 1000 yard WR's this year. They came 56 yards shy of doing it last year and that was with Smith's 529 and Boss' 531.

So the upgrade from Manningham to Austin is maybe 200 yards on the year and Austin probably won't be getting more TDs (he had only 7 last year)... the difference between Blount and Grant is likely to be far more significant. Blount had 1007 yards and 6 TDs in 7 starts. You can expect Blount to get 1200 and 8 TDs this year. Ryan Grant isn't going to do that in a timeshare after his injury.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If it was Benson and Branch for Austin and Grant, I could see that, maybe. You need Austin to give you a bigger premium over the WR you're giving up.

Comment

• 1. (1) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) $49
                2. (4) Chris Johnson (Ten - RB) $49
                3. (13) Roddy White (Atl - WR) $40
                4. (14) Michael Vick (Phi - QB) $43
                5. (29) Cam Newton (Car - QB) $1
                6. (118) Michael Bush (Oak - RB) $6
                7. (137) Hines Ward (Pit - WR) $1
                8. (145) Plaxico Burress (NYJ - WR) $2
                9. (148) Thomas Jones (KC - RB) $1
                10. (151) Robert Meachem (NO - WR) $2
                11. (158) Deion Branch (NE - WR) $1
                12. (165) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE) $1
                13. (171) Chris Cooley (Was - TE) $1
                14. (177) San Francisco (SF - DEF) $1
                15. (182) David Garrard (Jac - QB) $1
                16. (187) Lawrence Tynes (NYG - K) $1
                Last edited by MRT144; September 3, 2011, 20:04.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Studs and duds, I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Lions seem like a pretty weak D/ST, but I assume that will be Matchup City for you. Otherwise (assuming Peyton's fine), very nice. Good depth at skill positions, and your TEs shouldn't hurt you too much.
                    I may have to start Josh Freeman now

Against Detroit's defensive line

Comment

• Freeman should be even better this year than last. I'm really a huge fan of Freeman (not simmons level though)

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                        Freeman should be even better this year than last. I'm really a huge fan of Freeman (not simmons level though)
                        I'm starting both Freeman and the Lions D this week... they play against each other.

And Freeman is not meant to be my fantasy starter. I drafted Peyton Manning for a reason. I spent $40+ on him for a reason.

Freeman was my $1 QB2. Yes, I got him for a dollar. If I wanted to start him all year, I would have spent my Peyton money on Andre Johnson or something.

Comment

• Yes, you should have.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            Yes, you should have.

How would I have foreseen the man who never missed a game suddenly being out... and they're talking he may miss half the season

Comment

• Dude, this happens to you every year.

Also, Del Rio is an idiot.

All 3 of my teams have Garrard.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 6, 2011, 18:58.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• This is the second time Del Rio did this. Who cuts their starting QB a day or two before the NFL season opener? As far as I know, there was no open competition declared outside of that locker-room and maybe not even outside of Del Rio's head. Now, the Jaguar's first-team offense has mere days to adjust to a new starting QB.

It's not like the preseason showed anything. Garrard barely played and Luke McCown threw only 9 passes in the second game and only 9 more in the 4th game. He did throw 2 TDs in those 18 passes but it's not like McCown showed some great ability to warrant taking the starting job.

Looks to me like the Jags are going to turn to Blaine Gabbert in a hurry. McCown being the starter is just a holdover for a few weeks.

I wonder if this means Del Rio will be out or if it means he's trying to save his ass by making the excuse, "We're developing a rookie QB so that's why we sucked"

Comment

Working...
                                X