No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatta maroon. Thank God I'm not heavily invested in the Jax offense. Oh wait.

The only team that was hard up for a backup had McNabb available. Cool.

I'm really not in the ticket business
    I guess not, Del Rio. Going out in a blaze of Glory, eh?
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 6, 2011, 19:08.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Why not Tebow?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Why not Tebow what?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Colts vice chairman Bill Polian insisted Monday that Peyton Manning (neck) will "be back at some point."
          No one can be sure when Manning will return because his doctors don't even know. "What we don't know right now is what the results of the diagnostic tests are, what is the prognosis going forward," Polian said. "This is uncharted territory, but we do know that the nerve regeneration takes time and it just hasn't healed yet. It will." Although no additional surgery is scheduled, Manning's return does not appear imminent. Sep. 6 - 11:14 am et

Why didn't I just bid on Rodgers? Damnit. I just had to go for 'ironman' Manning.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So how's the Chicago front 7 looking? Start Michael Turner this week against them? Or take a chance on Knowshon up at Mile High against the Raiders who couldn't stop the run a lick last year? I'm leaning towards Knowshon but I think my fantasy wariness of Turner may be wrongly influencing me.

Comment

• Del Rio is gone. Book it. IIRC, the owner put him on notice that the team had to make the playoffs this year.
              Now this.
              So unless Jacksonville has a miraculous season, I can't see him surviving.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                So how's the Chicago front 7 looking? Start Michael Turner this week against them? Or take a chance on Knowshon up at Mile High against the Raiders who couldn't stop the run a lick last year? I'm leaning towards Knowshon but I think my fantasy wariness of Turner may be wrongly influencing me.
                Alby, a lot of us are wondering the same thing re the Chicago run defense. I don't trust Knowshon, but I do believe in the John Fox run game. That said, if it's non-PPR, I'd probably start Turner.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The sad thing is that the Jaguars managed an 8-8 season last year... but this year, with Peyton sidelined indefinitely, Hasselbeck/Locker in Tennessee, and Houston being Houston... Jacksonville had a pretty good shot at the division. They lost no one but the disappointing Sims-Walker in the offseason, bringing back pretty much the same team but adding Dawan Landry, Paul Posluszney, and Clint Session. This is an improved team from last year's 8-8 in a much tougher division. Garrard should have gotten them 9-10 wins. On paper, this was a 10-6 team with the only weakness being the CB and WR positions.

Comment

• If Texas can't make the playoffs this year, they never will.

We need a season standings/playoffs prediction thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Alby, a lot of us are wondering the same thing re the Chicago run defense. I don't trust Knowshon, but I do believe in the John Fox run game. That said, if it's non-PPR, I'd probably start Turner.
                      Well there was no pattern last year with the Chicago D against the run. I was trying to see how they did against big runners but it was all over the place. Oakland run D in comparison was beyond terrible. They only had one shut-down performance... unfortunately, that was against Denver

Wait... Henry Melton, Anthony Adams... where's Tommie Harris?

Comment

• The Bears cut Tommie last winter. Indy signed him, but cut him Saturday. He's currently a free agent.

Comment

• Here's a prediction, Locker will take over from Hasselbeck by mid-season.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Here's a prediction, Locker will take over from Hasselbeck by mid-season.

Way to go out on a limb there, Sloww

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Why didn't I just bid on Rodgers? Damnit. I just had to go for 'ironman' Manning.
                              Seems I have wasted my first pick too.... Dangnammit!

Comment

• I didn't see you out on a longer limb, Alby; unless you're counting the Manning pick as a limb of any kind.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X