No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In one league I didnt play Britt or Benson....
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Saw this for D/ST league:
      Sweet.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Also, while I seem to usually do a pretty good job in the draft, having great players counts for less when you bench the good ones and play the bad ones. Which I do too much of.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I have Tolbert benched in all my leagues. Will likely cost me.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm seeing this:

Manning's neck surgery was a rare, aggressive procedure pointed toward bringing him back this season, Fox's Jay Glazer reports.
            Spin: Manning's surgery was more painful than the customary procedure for his injury but gives him the possibility of trying to come back. If he had the conventional surgery, it would have been at least four months before he could start his rehab.
            Is it probable he could be back? I know it's week one, but from the showing of my team this week, barring a slew of injuries and assuming I stay on top of the waiver wire, I have a pretty good shot at the playoffs. Should I keep Manning rostered for that fantasy playoff potential?

I'll probably pick up Grossman this week since he goes up against Arizona who Cam Newton gashed but that means I'd have to cut someone if it's not Manning. Probably Nate Burleson.

Thoughts?

And yes, I think Grossman this week against ARI is probably a better play than Freeman vs. Minnesota.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• No, he's costing you a roster slot.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• FML, my best team is going 0-1.

Koya will have the best week.

This is depressing I had a great week, 158 not enough. Needed Tolbert's points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  TE, weak, D, Weak, QB, Weak, K weak. Strong at WR and RB though. You'll be ok, but whatever you paid for the league, kiss it goodbye.
                  Let's see, shall we?

TE weak?
                  Jimmy Graham: 4 for 56 with a touchdown
                  Aaron Hernandez: 7 for 103 with a touchdown as of the start of the 4th quarter.

K weak?
                  Robbie Gould: 3/3 on field goals, 3/3 on XP's.

Suck it, Ben.

Now I have a controversy as to who to start at TE. Graham and Hernandez both seem like top-10 TE's easily.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• And why am I so good in other leagues but suck at Apolyton?

Are you guys (except Ben) all just that good?

Comment

And why am I so good in other leagues but suck at Apolyton?

Are you guys (except Ben) all just that good?
                      I can't speak for everyone, but yea, I'm pretty awesome.

Comment

• Heck I'm so awesome I even left an additional 18 points on the bench. Don't want to run up the score on you guys too much, amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          I can't speak for everyone, but yea, I'm pretty awesome.
                          Seriously.

I mean unless McFadden goes off, I'll have the lowest point total of the week in D/ST. I got all of 2 points out of Big Ben. What gives?

Comment

• Wow Big Ben was the 32nd QB in fantasy points in our league this week and soon to be 33 as long as Jason Campbell throws a few passes. What the ****?

Comment

Seriously.

I mean unless McFadden goes off, I'll have the lowest point total of the week in D/ST. I got all of 2 points out of Big Ben. What gives?
                              Ben's collapse was a fluke. There are better QBs out there though.

Also, you might want to avoid starting tight ends with a projected 0.99 points.

Edit: oh, and drafting 17 WRs

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                Ben's collapse was a fluke. There are better QBs out there though.

Also, you might want to avoid starting tight ends with a projected 0.99 points.

Edit: oh, and drafting 17 WRs
                                The fundamentals were very sound on Kendricks. The Eagles struggle against the TE and have a very young LB corps with Matthews, Fukou, and whoever the third guy is. Regardless, they can't cover an athletic TE like Kendricks. The Eagles were going to blitz hard, which they did, and force Bradford into throwing short dump-offs, which he did.

The fundamentals were there for Kendricks to have a big game. He was targeted 5 times but only caught one ball, flat out dropping a deep pass that would have gone for a TD.

I think my logic and evaluation of games is sound. I'm sorry but I don't think I'm crazy to say that. I post breakdowns of things a bit and I think I'm pretty on point, for the most part. Things on the field don't always go down how they should, though.

Like look at how I broke down Blount for MRT a few hours ago in the other thread. Like I know what I'm doing but it blows up in my face on Apolyton fantasy leagues.

Comment

Working...
                                X