College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Rutgers managed to win!

When they were down big in the 3rd quarter, I kind of wrote the game off.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      I think that is reasonable, except for your Big 12 selections. Oklahoma looked mediocre in their game against WVU, and ntOSU hasn't really faced anyone of note. Baylor has been much more impressive in their bodybag games thus far.
      If the Sooners looked mediocre, Okie Lite is looking positively ghastly so far against the Mountaineers.

And South Carolina is in big trouble!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• This is the first Saturday in half a month where I have not called for the summary execution of either Al Borges or Devin Gardner.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I understand it was Michigan's best offensive performance in 3 weeks today.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• It's pouring buckets in Autzen. Worst weather I've ever seen for an Oregon game.

Oregon's up 13-0 in the first quarter. The Ducks have fumbled the ball 4 times but recovered it each time. Cal has fumbled twice and both times Oregon recovered it.

EDIT: Make that three. Cal has fumbled three times, and Oregon has recovered it each time.

EDIT X2: Four. Oregon has recovered four Cal fumbles. 6:18 left in the first half. Cal has had four possessions, btw.
            Last edited by Boris Godunov; September 28, 2013, 23:14.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• TCU finally got back on track against SMU.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Happy trails, Kiffykins.

Comment

Happy trails, Kiffykins.
                  Fired in the LAX parking lot, it appears. The AD couldn't even wait for him to get back to campus. Ouch.

Anyway, I doubt it will change the direction of the USC season too much. With Lee being injured and their lack of defensive depth exposed, the Trojans are in for a bad, bad ride.

Top ten as of now:

1. Alabama
                  2. Clemson
                  3. Oregon
                  4. Stanford
                  5. Ohio State
                  6. Georgia
                  7. Florida State
                  8. Texas A&M
                  9. Oklahoma
                  10. UCLA

Georgia should have been 9 or 10 last time, I just forgot about them. Beating LSU gives them a nice bump. And yes, I'm including UCLA as a bit of Pac homerism. But I think they have a decent chance to beat any of the other potential #10s.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This is the first Saturday in half a month where I have not called for the summary execution of either Al Borges or Devin Gardner.
                    Apparently the AP voters disagreed, since Michigan dropped a spot
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Top 10:

Alabama
                      Oklahoma
                      Texas Tech
                      Baylor
                      Missouri
                      Houston
                      Fresno
                      Northern Illinois
                      Louisville
                      Florida State

Best of the Rest:

Maryland
                      Miami
                      Northwestern
                      Michigan
                      tOSU
                      Clemson
                      Stanford
                      Oregon
                      Washington
                      UCLA
                      Texas A+M
                      LSU
                      Georgia
                      Florida
                      South Carolina (25)

NR:

Auburn
                      Ole Miss
                      notOSU

Only 4 Texas teams in the top 25. Texas Tech (3), Baylor (4), Houston (6) and A+M (21) heading up the one loss teams. Most overrated? Georgia. Not getting any love, Northern Illinois who is 2-0 vs the 'Big' Ten. Should be able to run the table.
                      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 29, 2013, 16:41.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                        Fired in the LAX parking lot, it appears. The AD couldn't even wait for him to get back to campus. Ouch.

Anyway, I doubt it will change the direction of the USC season too much. With Lee being injured and their lack of defensive depth exposed, the Trojans are in for a bad, bad ride.

Top ten as of now:

1. Alabama
                        2. Clemson
                        3. Oregon
                        4. Stanford
                        5. Ohio State
                        6. Georgia
                        7. Florida State
                        8. Texas A&M
                        9. Oklahoma
                        10. UCLA

Georgia should have been 9 or 10 last time, I just forgot about them. Beating LSU gives them a nice bump. And yes, I'm including UCLA as a bit of Pac homerism. But I think they have a decent chance to beat any of the other potential #10s.
                        Now that we're five weeks into the season, I feel at least a little comfortable with guessing at a top ten:

1. Clemson
                        2. Alabama
                        3. Oregon
                        4. Stanford
                        5. Georgia
                        6. Florida State
                        7. Ohio State
                        8. LSU
                        9. Texas A&M
                        10. Baylor

Near: Oklahoma, South Carolina, Louisville, LSU, Northwestern, UCLA, Miami
                        Far: Michigan, Maryland, Wisconsin, Arizona State, Northern Illinois

Comment

• I watched about 2 minutes of Alabama over dinner last night. That two minutes included a kickoff where it was clear Ole Miss had zero chance at returning it any real distance, because the Alabama players could simply run them over. I don't see how the score ended up so close.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Now that we're five weeks into the season, I feel at least a little comfortable with guessing at a top ten
                            Ok, this is apparently after Guynemer drugs Nick Saban.

Comment

Happy trails, Kiffykins.
                              Holy ****.
                              I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• 1. Alabama
                                2. Clemson
                                3. Oregon
                                4. Georgia
                                5. Ohio State
                                6. Stanford
                                7. Texas A&M
                                8. Florida State
                                9. Oklahoma
                                10. Baylor
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X