No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 10/11: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having the draft pick is pointless if Sutter is still GM.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Having the draft pick is pointless if Sutter is still GM.
      How about if he isn't still GM?

Strange situation, not often the GM goes before the coach, but not often the GM and Coach are brothers either. Should be interesting to see if it makes a difference though I wouldn't expect any immediate changes on the ice anyway.

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The GM deserved to go before the coach here. The coach is just working with what he was given.

It turns out it's a bad idea to get a bunch of Leafs and Panthers on your team when you want to build a winner.

Good riddance.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• It's not uncommon. A GM gets a couple coaching changes and then he becomes the problem.

Sutter went through several coaches in short order and results were going the wrong way.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Having the draft pick is pointless if Sutter is still GM.
            Haven't they already traded all their top picks for next year away? I thought I heard they didn't have a pick in the top 100.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• They have a 1st round, but no 2nd/3rd.

2nd round went to Chicago.
              3rd round went to Edmonton for mother****ing Steve ****ing Staois.

Comment

• I believe I said that Staios was a terrible player.

How bout them Canucks, eh? First time in 40 years they've been first place in the league.

Sometimes the GM does go first. See Alain Vigneault and Dave Nonis.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Canucks -- first place and still no one cares.

They've offloaded some of their douchebags, but not enough. Still a douchey team.

Comment

• Oooooh man, that was close.

Guy and I tied 4-4 in the semi-finals. I got the tiebreaker due to the better regular season h2h record against him.

Sparrowhawk and I face off in the finals now...hope my team can pull of one more.

Comment

• Also, good news for Vancouver fans...

Montreal hosts the Olympics in 76, then goes on to win the President's Trophy & Stanley Cup in 77.
                      Calgary hosts the Olympics in 88, then goes on to win the President's Trophy & Stanley Cup in 89.
                      Vancouver hosts the Olympics in 2010, then goes on to win the President's Trophy and....

Comment

Oooooh man, that was close.

Guy and I tied 4-4 in the semi-finals. I got the tiebreaker due to the better regular season h2h record against him.

Sparrowhawk and I face off in the finals now...hope my team can pull of one more.
                        I was leading the semifinals in BOTH leagues until yesterday.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Also, good news for Vancouver fans...

Montreal hosts the Olympics in 76, then goes on to win the President's Trophy & Stanley Cup in 77.
                          Calgary hosts the Olympics in 88, then goes on to win the President's Trophy & Stanley Cup in 89.
                          Vancouver hosts the Olympics in 2010, then goes on to win the President's Trophy and....

Not on your life.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• At the start of last week I had hopes of getting both my teams into the finals. Unfortunately my Auction team (in my opinion my better team) got slaughtered off by More Cowbell and my Apolyton Regular league team had an early lead over Leanne's Skanky Skaters only to have her come back late to the point where I thought I had lost in a tiebreaker when I logged off last night, it looks like Henrik Lundqvist won me another round however, as his win yesterday was enough to give me two goalie categories and the series

Disappointed that my auction team can only battle Guy for third now, but satified with my showing overall so far.

Good luck in the regular league finals Asher

/me
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• My team sucked.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• My auction team is abysmal. I never recovered from the botched draft.

But I've been thrilled with my regular league.

Comment

Working...
                                X