AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 10/11: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
    Glad to hear your son is taking it in stride.
    Thanks-- he is actually suprisingly tough for a little kid that cries at the sight of a needle. Both this time and when he had the perforated appendix, he was pretty stoic even when the docs said he should be having a lot of pain.

The biggest thing right now is that it will be a bit of a setback at school. His main task now was to improve his writing and I don't know that he can write at all with his current cast
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Meh, handwriting is obsolete. If you want him to improve his writing STYLE (or grammar), that can be worked on while in a cast with no difficulty - either type, or use a dictation software. If he has learned to touchtype, you can set the keyboard layout to Dvorak-Left Handed (or whichever is not broken) and it clusters the useful keys on one side of the keyboard. Or just make him read a ton... reading helps improve grammar and writing
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think you're all absurd. The boy is gravely injured.

He should be given 8-9 weeks of Civ play. He needs to recover.

Honestly, you lot surprise me. Vicious. He's just a child!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• dump Ed Jovanovski and Alexander Edler
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Flames sign Brendan ****ing Morrison
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I will drop my last two defensemen taken....Johnson and Johnson

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Drop Hiller and Carle.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• And with that, we should be done. Check your rosters (you'll have to look at October 5 or further to see your players). Sorry yet again for the **** up, but c'est la vie.

Let the games begin!
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                    And with that, we should be done. Check your rosters (you'll have to look at October 5 or further to see your players). Sorry yet again for the **** up, but c'est la vie.

Let the games begin!
                    No worries Kontiki.... it would get boring without something screwed up, and at least we got it done.... also good that others had trouble with the draft this year, you and I had trouble the last couple years I think, and this year it was very smooth for me no disconnections for me at all.

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Game on! I hope everyone has set their roster for both leagues.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• and for a brief moment the league scoring leaders are Brandon and Jussi Jokkinen. Despite Jussi's blistering pace that puts him on track for 82 goals and 82 assists, I would be willing to trade hin straight-up for Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos or Backstrom
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• It looks like Leanne forgot to set her roster. I'm not above taking a cheap victory, but maybe Asher should send her a reminder...
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I sent her an email. She had a relative pass away last night so she may be indisposed for a bit, though.

Comment

• Well, Edmonton...the kids are alright.

Comment

• How do you clean splooge off the ceiling?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X