• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the ****ing ****?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Halak's agent is a douche, they probably wanted a small fortune.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I read or heard some conjecture a while ago about Montreal really wanting to be rid of Halak due to the behaviour of people in his camp.

If this was true and was a poorly kept secret it explains the disappointing return.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Halak gets promoted to the big league. He'll be thrilled.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think the return is low because he's only an RFA, not under contract. And he's got quite a few KHL teams dangling a pile of money at him which means the team is effectively dealing with an UFA.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Nothing certain about this case yet.

Some journalists in Montreal claim Halak wanted to stay, but that the team direction still envisions Price as the one. Factor in that Montreal is strangled with the cap and they had no real choice. We'll get a better idea about this when he signs with St. Louis.

Others claim Halak's clan was pissed off at how he was treated, at how long it took to award him the rightful title of n. 1 goalie.

In any case this trade could mean that we are not signing Tomas Plekanec. Apparently Lars Eller is just that, a young Tomas Plekanec.

Am I disappointed? Certainly a little bit, depends on whether or not the next moves will allow us to hire an interesting UFA.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Busy day. The Habs signed Plekanec.

Rumour I heard is the Habs asked around for interest in their two goalies. Every single team asked for Price. That led to St Louis with the low-ball deal. Hard to trade a guy that nobody wants.

Hockey is a closed culture. Having an agent agitating publically for playing time mid-season was obviously not welcome anywhere in the NHL. Halak likely goes to arbitration (if he qualifies) because nobody will willingly pay what he likely expects.

Pat Quinn removed as head coach of the Oilers. Not sure how this came about. It had sounded like Quinn was off the hook due to injuries and lack of NHL-ready depth. Maybe should have figured it was coming after the minor-league coach got sacked for doing poorly after his team was pillaged by the injured parent team.

Boston traded the 15th pick for Horton and got Florida to accept a salary dump along with the pick (Wideman).
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The Hawks have begun the tweaking, presumably hoping not to lose both Sharp and Versteeg to the salary cap. The trade:

To Atlanta:
                  Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel and prospect Akim Aliu

To Chicago:
                  Marty Reasoner, prospect Jeremy Morin, and New Jersey's 1st (24th overall) and 2nd (54th) round picks in tonight's draft.

Cap space saved: between $4 and $5million

My buddy in LA (a total hockey fanatic) is absolutely drooling over the idea of Sharp landing with the Kings...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hmmm... much as I love Byfuglien, that's a great trade for Chicago. Get some cap space and a couple decent draft picks, I guess they had to do it.

Comment

Sopel's still gonna march in the Chicago pride parade with the cup no matter what, according to his twitter (which he, conveniently, just started today).

Comment

Finally. Wow.

A canuck won the Hart. Never thought it would happen.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Undefeated pre-season champions

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Sopel's still gonna march in the Chicago pride parade with the cup no matter what, according to his twitter (which he, conveniently, just started today).
                            I was wondering about that.

Comment

Gotta say, Sopel's a class act.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Everyone see the short clip on the Anaheim Ducks players Getzlaf (Canadian Gold Medal winner) and Ryan (US Silver Medal winner), it's on NHL.com and well worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X