NHL Off-Season Thread 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty memory, it seems.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Soooooo glad the Flames ditched that no-good-****head McElhinney. Now we've got a veteran NHL backup, not some newb.

Henrik Karlsson, *****es!

What's that? He's 26 years old and has never played an NHL game?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sutter is creating a rather impressive hole in Calgary.

In other news, it is looking like Moreau got plucked off waivers by Columbus. More cap space for the Oilers to play with. About the only use for it will be to absorb deadweight contracts along with choice draft picks from other teams.

Hmmm, draft picks. Yum.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So Edmonton traded O'Sullivan to Phx and got Vandermeer in return. Vandermeer has $750k more in cap hit...and apparently both got bought out?

Huh?

Comment

Oilers are keeping Vandermeer according to McKenzie

OK, Oil are keeping Vandermeer to play him. Makes sense now. PHX saves money on buyout (O'Sullivan cheaper than Vandermeer).

Comment

Vandermeer probably won't be bought out. The Oilers only have three NHL defencemen under contract.

Edit: plus Souray who is on his horse, headed out of town.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Actually, Phoenix may keep O'Sullivan. His cap hit is 2.935 MM with a salary of 2.388 MM. That's 600K saved for a team looking to scrimp on expenses.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

PHX just bought out O'Sullivan.

Comment

I guess they feel they can fill the spot for less than ~1.5 MM.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Schweeeet!

The net cap hit from moving Moreau and Nilsson is an extra $83K in cap space for the 10-11 season.

Take $935K off Vandermeer and he nets out as a $1.4 MM 5-6 dman.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Leafs get Versteeg and the rights to winger Bill Sweatt in exchange for forwards Viktor Stalberg, Chris DiDomenico and Philippe Paradis

Comment

Betcha Stalberg outscores Versteeg in 10-11.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Tanguay re-signs in Calgary for 1-year, $1.7mil. Not too upset with that one.

Comment

When a team wins a championship and then unloads players, which do you think it is.

1. Players think they're worth more and their teams realize they can't satisfy everyone and have to dump some people and replace them will lower priced players.
                              2. A teams marginal players are never going to have a higher value on the market so you might as well trade some to get a lot of young players from which a few will make it and help your team. (at a lower cost that allows you to keep your stars)
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's much simpler than that: Chicago does not have the cap space to sign all the people they need to. It doesn't help that Chicago has $4.1M less in cap space than every other team due to Toews/Kane performance bonuses awarded. A lot of players on "value" contracts had ended, and in some cases great playoff performances increases their values.

Chicago still needs to sign something like 6(?) players with only something like $4M in space.

Comment

Working...
                                X