No announcement yet.

Dion Phaneuf traded to Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no effective tactic to dealing with Ben. The best thing possible is using him as a virtual punching bag. Then he serves a purpose.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      There's no effective tactic to dealing with Ben. The best thing possible is using him as a virtual punching bag. Then he serves a purpose.
      Who mentioned Ben with respect to the ignoring tactic? I was speaking in generalities withy respect to all idiots
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

What are you, a lawyer?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Back to hockey-- Any thoughts on the next move for the Flames-- Will the 4th line be Kotalik-Mayers and Nystrom or does Kotalik get a shot on a higher line with Boyd/Lundemark or some surprise player being demoted to 4th line duty?

With Stajan able to win faceoffs regularly, will Conroy still have a role on the team?
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Kotalik is sooo not a 4th line player. Too European.

Comment

Kotalik is sooo not a 4th line player. Too European.

oh ya-- I know he is not an "energy guy" or tough the way that Nystrom or mayers are--

When I see Kotalik on the 4th line, its essentially a way to give him little 5 on 5 time but be able to use him on the PP or spot him on hihjer lines when you trail

Comment

I don't see what's so silly with the argument that Burrows is currently the second-best Canadian leftwinger.

If he gets a point tonight, he'll be tied with Iggy. Last I checked, being able to perform with talented wingmates is a big part of the Olympic team.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  I don't see what's so silly with the argument that Burrows is currently the second-best Canadian leftwinger.
                  You wouldn't. And you never will. It's because you are simply stupid.

If he gets a point tonight, he'll be tied with Iggy.
                  You can't even do fundamental arithmetic.

Last I checked, being able to perform with talented wingmates is a big part of the Olympic team.
                  Yes, it is quite a challenging job being able to perform with talented wingmates. It's a rare skill indeed.

Comment

Hey, that's not bad. Paying 2.5 mill for 7 million production.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

He's actually getting paid $2M, you ****ing ******.

And yes, Burrows is having an outstanding year (along with the Sedins, coincidence I am sure) and he's a talented hockey player.

But he has not earned a spot on the Olympic roster this year. One hot year is not sufficient, especially if he's not even at a point-a-game.

Iginla got named for the roster for reasons other than this year's performance on the Flames.

This topic is now dead as I refuse to spend any more time explaining the basics to someone who is too dumb to comprehend them.

Comment

Kovalchuk told to expect a trade within a few days.

The final trade for Sutter?

Comment

From Bob McKenzie:
                          Teams in mix for Kovalchuk include: Boston, New Jersey, Rangers, Philadelphia, Calgary, Chicago and L.A. Some more. Some less. Auction time.

Comment

Bob McKenzie says Calgary is out of the auction for Kovalchuk.

Next stop: Ray Whitney

Comment

Bob McKenzie says Calgary is out of the auction for Kovalchuk.
                              Are you talking about the piece where he said that Calagary didn't have the type of pieces Atlanta would want ? No shock really-- I never thought Kovalchuk would be a Flame. Sutter could surprise me but I just don't see it.

Sutter will probably wait now until clser to the trade deadlineas some more teams become active (and aware that they should be sellers)

Comment

No, I'm referring to Bob McKenzie's tweet @ 5:40pm EST:
                                Calgary Flames NOT in the mix for Kovalchuk.

Comment

Working...
                                X