Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah... let's have the government and other outsiders have more control
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Noooo Brian Kelly!!!

Brian Kelly, who has coached the Cincinnati's football team to a 12-0 record this season and a berth in the Sugar Bowl, will be the new football coach at Notre Dame, two sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Brian Kelly, who has coached Cincinnati's football team to a 12-0 record this season and a berth in the Sugar Bowl, will be the new coach at Notre Dame, two sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I hope those are just false rumors, for his sake.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I doubt ESPN would feature it on their front page if they weren't confident of their sources.

Seems like mighty bad timing to do this before you lead your team to a major bowl game...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I don't think he'll be coaching Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I'm not happy with this either. As stated, I have nothing against Kelly and ND has been successful with coaches in this situation, such as Leahy and Parseghian. And you have positive examples of Tressel and Meyer as up-and-comers being put into jobs at major schools.

But I don't know that what wins in the Big East will win at Notre Dame -- Big East-brand football just isn't that tough and a Big East job is a hell of a lot more forgiving than the Notre Dame job from many perspectives.

He's a second-tier candidate. ND needs a sure-thing coach.
              Last edited by DanS; December 10, 2009, 19:06.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Dan's right. Kelly just killed his career by taking the ****ty Notre Dame job.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It's quite obvious that someone who puts Alabama at #5 is attempting to troll. And that's not even counting putting BYU at 7!
                  I know, I know, the question is:

"What if the BCS didn't slobber all over the SEC."

BYU is a two-loss team. Don't see why Oregon, who lost to Boise should be ranked over BYU who beat Utah and Oklahoma.

BYU lost only to Florida State and to TCU.

Florida State is a better team than Stanford, and Boise is better than TCU.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 10, 2009, 19:10.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                    Dan's right. Kelly just killed his career by taking the [] Notre Dame job.
                    You can't blame him. He doesn't even have a practice field at Cincy.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                      Dan's right. Kelly just killed his career by taking the ****ty Notre Dame job.
                      Exactly. The guy was set to create a dynasty like program at Cincinnati. Instead, he basically goes to a place where the players aren't as good and the pressure is far higher. Far more than Notre Dame deserves.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        I know, I know, the question is:

"What if the BCS didn't slobber all over the SEC."
                        Too bad the AP, Coaches and computer polls all agreed that Boise isn't #1 and that Oregon should be in the top ten, rendering this particular idea nonsense.

BYU is a two-loss team. Don't see why Oregon, who lost to Boise should be ranked over BYU who beat Utah and Oklahoma.
                        Oregon beat Utah, and didn't have to go to overtime to do it.

Oklahoma ended the season with a 7-5 record. I don't think beating them is something to shout about for any team that wants to claim top-10 status.

Florida State is a better team than Stanford, and Boise is better than TCU.

You mean BYU got beat by a team with a 6-6 record, whereas Oregon got beat by a team with an 8-4 record.

TCU beat Boise last year, IIRC.
                        Last edited by Boris Godunov; December 10, 2009, 20:13.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Exactly. The guy was set to create a dynasty like program at Cincinnati.

I don't know about that. He definitely should've waited for a better position to open up, however.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Oklahoma ended the season with a 7-5 record. I don't think beating them is something to shout about for any team that wants to claim top-10 status.

I hope the Texas fans read this.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It's better than losing to them.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Not only a bad career move for Kelly, but also a low-class one. If ND wants him that badly, they can wait until three more weeks to have him.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X