Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadn't heard any Oklahoma-to-SEC speculation...

It's been broached in the comments at Frank the Tank's Slant.

OU tagging along with Texas to the Pac-10 still seems like the most likely outcome, but OU seems to be keeping its options open with the SEC in case A&M joins the SEC and Texas decides to go to the Big Ten.

I'd personally love to see both OU and UT in the Big Ten with Nebraska, but there seems to be no Big Ten interest in the Sooners due to academic concerns.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
      You're right, Imran. Generally, you would assume it would go to the runner up (who I believe was Vince Young) but that's assuming that the majority of Reggie Bush voters would have voted for Young in the absence of Bush instead of a third candidate which is something that is debatable.

I assume this would be without precedence. I wonder if the Heisman committee would actually go through with it. (compare, the AP didn't strip Cushing of DROY honors as far as I know)
      They did, I'm pretty sure, take another vote. And Cushing won (albeit by a narrower margin).
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Top Ten Teams the Big Ten should want:

1. Texas
        2. Notre Dame
        3. Nebraska
        4. Pittsburgh
        5. Rutgers
        6. Missouri
        7. Syracuse
        8. Maryland
        9. Kansas
        10. Oklahoma
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Top Ten Teams the Big Ten should want:

1. Texas
          2. Notre Dame
          3. Nebraska
          4. Pittsburgh
          5. Rutgers
          6. Missouri
          7. Syracuse
          8. Maryland
          9. Kansas
          10. Oklahoma

My ordering...

1. Texas
          2. Nebraska
          3. Oklahoma
          4. Notre Dame
          5. Maryland
          6. Rutgers
          7. Kansas
          8. Missouri
          9. Pittsburgh
          10. Syracuse

I'd also put Virginia high on the list if you think ACC teams like Maryland are in play.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I was only listing teams that had been mentioned as possible targets; Virginia would definitely be high on the list (for academics and market, if not athletic competitiveness) if there were any chance of that happening.

Comment

• I think there's a chance of Virginia happening if Maryland is a legit target. I don't see the more southern ACC teams being in play, and who wants Boston College?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Boise State will join the Mountain West today.

Boise State was announced as the next member of the Mountain West Conference on Friday.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Excellent.

I wonder how long the Mountain West will wait before calling KU, KSU, ISU, and Baylor.

Comment

• I wonder how long the Mountain West will wait before calling KU, KSU, ISU, and Baylor.

I'm sure they already have. Does the fact that the Mountain West is now adding Boise indicate that the Big East got to the remnants of the Big 12 North first?
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Interesting thought.

Comment

• Kansas in the Big East

K-State and Iowa State in the Big East

Missouri in the Big East
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Apparently, the Nebraska regents have just voted to join the Big Ten: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...tryListMiniCnt

Comment

• How would they know that? The regents meeting is still in a closed session...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Beats me.

Comment

• I think they're jumping the gun. Local media is all over this and I haven't heard a peep of official news yet.

edit: Open session just began...

edit 2: Perlman says Nebraska wouldn't get a full share of Big Ten revenues immediately, would start Big Ten play in 2011.

edit 3: Osborne now speaking.

edit 4: Man, both Perlman and Osborne really ripped into Texas' double-dealing and lack of trustworthiness as regards making a commitment to the Big 12.

edit 5: Osborne: "There will not be a windfall." What kind of financial deal did Nebraska get from the Big Ten?
                                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 11, 2010, 15:18.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X