Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was really no art in the troll. And the responses are unimaginative as well.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      So true... We hear about the non BCS teams wanting respect... And until they get it, not a lot will change.
      Boise State beat the Pac-10 champion like a ****ing drum. The remainder of their nonconference schedule was no different than, say, Florida's.

Boise State: Oregon, Miami (OH), Bowling Green, Tulsa, UC Davis
      1 Pac 10, 2 MAC, 1 C-USA, 1 FCS.

Florida: Charleston Southern, Troy, Florida International, Florida State
      1 ACC, 2 Sun Belt, 1 FCS

Texas: Louisiana-Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP, UCF
      2 C-USA, 1 Sun Belt, 1 MWC

Really, Boise State played a FAR more competitive non-conference schedule than Florida, based on Oregon alone. Florida State has been in decline for several years, and the rest of the Gators' schedule is laughable. The Sun Belt is, by far, the worst conference in FBS, even ranking below a FCS conference in the Sagarin ratings.

Texas fares no better, having exactly ZERO nonconference opponents from BCS conferences, and only one of their opponents (UCF) had anything even close to resembling a decent team. (Though I do give them a bit of credit for scheduling a MWC squad, as the MWC is, on-average, nearly a BCS conference this year, and also for not scheduling any FCS teams.)

Boise State can not control their conference schedule. They're stuck with the rest of the WAC, and neither the Pac-10 or the MWC wants them. All they can do is schedule out-of-conference, and they did that better than Florida or Texas.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
        I don't really think this feces flinging is that entertaining. But suit yourselves.
        Until he stops acting like an ass with all his insulting crap, it shouldn't surprise people when others respond in kind to it. Maybe if he didn't piss on everybody that disagrees with him and act like a child, there wouldn't be any feces flinging... But I guess it's asking way too much of him to act like an adult.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          ...umm, aren't we supposed to have a mod here in the Sports Forum?
          Who me?

I think with Drake ignoring Ming and Sloww (something I wish I could do for just this thread) the issue is diffused and doesn't require further action.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Boise State can not control their conference schedule. They're stuck with the rest of the WAC, and neither the Pac-10 or the MWC wants them. All they can do is schedule out-of-conference, and they did that better than Florida or Texas.
            Perhaps so, but not to consider the conference schedule is silly. Boise State has to make up for their weak conference, while teams like Florida don't neccesarily have to.

And the reason the Pac-10 doesn't want them (or the MWC, I gather) is aside from football, their sports program is horrid and the Pac-10 is interested in more than just football.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Guess what, satchel ass? I wish I could ignore you automatically at all times. We both have to suffer.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                Until he stops acting like an ass with all his insulting crap, it shouldn't surprise people when others respond in kind to it. Maybe if he didn't piss on everybody that disagrees with him and act like a child, there wouldn't be any feces flinging... But I guess it's asking way too much of him to act like an adult.
                His trolls could be seen a mile away and you are a lesser man for having responded to the trolls rather than the -- admittedly thin -- substance.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Who me?

I think with Drake ignoring Ming and Sloww (something I wish I could do for just this thread) the issue is diffused and doesn't require further action.
                  Maybe if you did your ****ing job instead of kissing his ass, there wouldn't be a problem. Since you allow his crap to continue, it's obvious that you want non civil discussion, so cram it.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Perhaps so, but not to consider the conference schedule is silly. Boise State has to make up for their weak conference, while teams like Florida don't neccesarily have to.

And the reason the Pac-10 doesn't want them (or the MWC, I gather) is aside from football, their sports program is horrid and the Pac-10 is interested in more than just football.

Of course it's not just about football, though that is actually a thread of discussion that was going on before all the above poo flinging.

However, what else can Boise State do to "make up" for their weak conference? They are the only team in this season's BCS schedule to defeat a BCS Conference Champion. The only one.

Next year, their nonconference schedule: vs. Toledo, at Wyoming, vs. Oregon State, at Virginia Tech.

If they go 12-0 next year, will they have "made up" for being in the WAC?

Comment

• Ming: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm positive if we polled this thread, you'd be found to be in far more egrigious violation of "civil discussion" standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        Guess what, satchel ass?
                        God, I love you, Sloww.

I'm not sure I want to know what "satchel ass" means; it's probably funnier if I don't.

Comment

However, what else can Boise State do to "make up" for their weak conference?
                          The clear simple answer (that most people won't tell you, I guess): They can't.

Comment

• Ming:

I rarely, if ever, agree with Drake on anything, at least in sports and politics. However, we tend to be very civil with each other. Dunno why you can't, whether it has something to do with your history or what. I'd say, just be the bigger man, and let bygones be bygones.

Comment

Ming: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm positive if we polled this thread, you'd be found to be in far more egrigious violation of "civil discussion" standards.
                              And if you would take your head out of your ass, you would see that in EVERY case, he's the one that starts it. I'm only following the standards that he sets, and that you allow. If you are going to allow him to continue over and over again with his crap, you can hardly complain about anybody else.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

The clear simple answer (that most people won't tell you, I guess): They can't.
                                So, why even bother then?

Why not just break off the MWC, WAC, MAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt into Division 1.5-A, and end the charade?

Comment

Working...
                                X