Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point of talking to you if all you're going to do is lie and spin? You certainly aren't worth talking to for your in-depth knowledge of college football...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• All Drake can do his parrot KH and flap his arms around.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You remember running your big mouth about what I told you Patterson said, Drake?
        TCU coach Gary Patterson has a message for his players: 'You can still win the AP.'

Updated: December 7, 2009, 6:13 PM ET

FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU coach Gary Patterson had a simple message for his team after Texas squeaked into the national title game: "You can still win the AP."

Since the Associated Press poll is no longer a part of the BCS, it can name a separate national champion. The precedent is there. The AP crowned USC No. 1 in 2003 even though LSU won the BCS national championship.

So stick this up your ass, too.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
          What's the point of talking to you if all you're going to do is lie and spin? You certainly aren't worth talking to for your in-depth knowledge of college football...

Gee... you are the one that lies, makes crap up, spins things, and posts insults like a grade schooler.

And you have yet to prove any knowledge of college football at all... forgetting all about the pre BCS traditions, the difference between Bowl games and the BCS system, and my favorite... That TCU wasn't screwed, and that they should be happy because they are getting a big pay day but not being able to play for the Championship.

Your in-depth knowledge seems laughable at best... But enjoy. Feel free to continue your insults like my kids would. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Have fun talking to Sloww, ****.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Have fun jerking off to old Nebraska games...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• BTW, Notre Dame went decades before accepting a bowl invitation, at Ara Parseghian's suggestion. They made it just fine all that time.
                1925-1972 they were National Champions 7 times, but didn't want to go to a bowl. They've won national championships 11 times and have produced 7 Heisman Trophy winners, paltry organization that they are.
                Start here and do some reading. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_D...Irish_football

Drake, everything you say is total garbage.
                Last edited by SlowwHand; December 7, 2009, 19:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                  The BCS conferences themselves do have some form of promotion and relegation at 5-year intervals, however.

It's kind of dumb to relegate or promote entire conferences, though. Should TCU get promoted with the rest of the Mountain West while Boise stays stuck in a non-BCS WAC? It makes much more sense to let Boise take Washington State's spot in the Pac-10 or TCU move into Baylor's Big 12 spot.
                  But what happens with basketball, baseball, etc.?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    But what happens with basketball, baseball, etc.?
                    Drake never thinks about things very carefully. He'd prefer to just insult people instead of actually using the limited brains he has. Plus, all he cares about is College Football, so of course, it never crossed the "experts" mind... He simply wants to ignore the basic fact that football is only ONE of the many, many sports played by colleges. He's of the opinon that only College Football is worth it, and that it's impossible to love more than one sport... or that anybody should really care about the many other different sports that are played.

So it should come as no surprise the limited nature of his response.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• DF, I have Texas ranked above Alabama.

I think Alabama should be the odd team out. Let Cincy-Texas be the fiesta bowl, and TCU/Boise as the championship game.

Then you have the overrated bowl between Bama and Oregon at the Rose Bowl.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• College Football is the only sport that really matters.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Umm... okay.

Really not trying to get in the middle of your pissing match. I was just asking the question.

After all, college hockey does not operate on the conference system that the aforementioned sports do.

EDIT: this was in reply to Ming.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• ND is part of the Big East in the sports that don't matter (save some sports like hockey, as you note). Lots of different ways to configure it.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• But what happens with basketball, baseball, etc.?

There's precedent for teams playing in different conferences for football and basketball. Plus, there's the hockey precedent that you mentioned above. I doubt the BCS conferences (especially the Pac-10 and Big Ten) would ever let a school like TCU or Boise in, however, so the whole point is rather moot. Relegation is an interesting idea that has no hope of ever being implemented.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• As far as money-makers go, football pretty much IS the only sport that matters, except maybe at MAJOR universities (baseball at places like CSF, Stanford, UT, etc., basketball at Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and so forth).
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X