Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU chokes in the end by not being ready to make a play with 1 second left.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Charlie Weis is a dead man walking.

Is this a reference to Weis' job status or the fact that he's a massive coronary waiting to happen?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Overtime shouldn't count for picks against the spread; I'm going to be really pissed if Arizona loses by a touchdown in overtime...

edit: Whew...
        Last edited by Drake Tungsten; November 22, 2009, 01:00. Reason: Arizona covered!
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Absolutely no change whatsoever in my rankings this week.

1. Alabama
          2. Florida
          3. Texas
          4. TCU
          5. Cincinnati
          6. Boise State
          7. Pittsburgh
          8. Georgia Tech
          9. Oregon
          10. Ohio State
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Why would Oregon not drop?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• **** you Rutgers. Seriously, **** you

1) Alabama
              2) Florida
              3) Texas
              4) Cincinnati
              5) Texas Christian
              6) Georgia Tech
              7) Boise State
              8) Pittsburgh
              9) Ohio State
              10) Oregon
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 1. Alabama
                2. Florida
                3. Texas
                4. TCU
                5. Cincinnati
                6. Boise State
                7. Georgia Tech
                8. Pittsburgh
                9. Oregon
                10. Ohio State

Interestingly, none of the undefeated teams currently have a strength of schedule in the top 40.

This week is full of interesting rivalry games that should, nevertheless, be pretty one-sided:

Florida State at Florida
                Auburn vs. Alabama
                Texas A&M vs. Texas
                New Mexico at TCU
                Illinois at Cincinnati
                Nevada vs. Boise State

The top three teams all have rivalry games, which, in theory, could be dangerous. But all their opponents are hovering around .500 (with the exception of 7-4 Auburn); Texas, in particular, should have no problem, even on the road. Elsewhere, TCU finishes their season in a walk; Cincy welcomes a sub-par (but improving) Illinois squad; and Boise State plays host to a surging Nevada. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if either the Bearcats or the Broncos went down, but it won't happen. We're gonna head into the final week of the season with 6 undefeated teams, with some monster matchups: Florida vs. Alabama, Texas vs. Nebraska, Cincy at Pitt. It'll be ****ing awesome.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• And even though none of the teams involved are undefeated, Georgia Tech vs. Clemson and the Civil War are going to be outstanding games as well.
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• 1. Alabama
                    2. Cincinnati
                    3. Florida
                    4. TCU
                    5. Georgia Tech
                    6. Texas
                    7. Oregon
                    8. Boise State
                    9. LSU
                    10. Virginia Tech
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Illinois-Cinci is NOT a rivalry game. Although you're right that it should be one-sided.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        with some monster matchups: Florida vs. Alabama, Texas vs. Nebraska, Cincy at Pitt. It'll be ****ing awesome.

Originally posted by reismark View Post
                        And even though none of the teams involved are undefeated, Georgia Tech vs. Clemson and the Civil War are going to be outstanding games as well.

It's going to be one amazing final week to the season.

BCS Predictions (The selection order for the non-Rose bowls this year is Orange, Fiesta, Sugar):

National Championship: Florida (#1) vs. Texas (#2)
                        Rose Bowl: Ohio State (Big 10) vs. Oregon (Pac 10)
                        Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech (ACC) vs. Penn State (at large)
                        Fiesta Bowl: Texas Christian (replacement for #2, auto qualifier) vs. Boise State (at large)
                        Sugar Bowl: Alabama (replacement for #1, at large) vs. Cincinnati (Big East)

My thinking is that there is no way in Hell the Sugar passes up the loser of the SEC Championship (and you can easily switch Florida and Alabama in those predictions), and then the Fiesta would go for a undefeated bowl (though they may want a bigger draw as well). Orange Bowl picks Penn State because they have fans everywhere and who will travel all over the place. It is conceivable they go with Iowa as well, but I'm not sure Iowa brings the same money (and we all know what the bowls are about). Of course that may also mean that the Fiesta picks Penn State for its replacement for losing #2 Texas.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 1. Boise
                          2. TCU
                          3. Texas
                          4. Cincinnati
                          5. Florida
                          6. Alabama
                          7. Pittsburgh
                          8. Georgia Tech
                          9. Utah
                          10. Houston
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• You must read the same magazines as Drake.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Drake doesn't read magazines with naked pictures of the BCS Top 25 football teams. And apparently BK does, and apparently he finds Houston, Utah, and Boise players particularly attractive, given the rankings of those teams
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I figure it adds balance. These are all solid teams, better than LSU and Nebraska. I'm surprised Nebraska isn't in Drake's top ten.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X