No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who watched the recent Flames' games knows it's not Kipper's fault the wins ain't coming. The team isn't scoring.

I'd rather have a Canucks fan who knows the sport of hockey, but if they exist, they don't post here...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• In other news, the classless Canucks keep it up:

CANUCKS' KESLER HAS HARSH WORDS FOR LADD

Vancouver Canucks fans may want to circle March 5 on the calendar.

That's the next time their team faces the Chicago Blackhawks, who they handily defeated 5-1 Saturday night at GM Place.

It will also mark the first time the two sides meet following harsh words from forward Ryan Kesler towards Blackhawks winger Andrew Ladd.

''He's a coward and that's the way it is,'' Kesler told TEAM 1040 radio following Saturday's game.

Ladd got the best of Kesler in a fight in the first period, but the friction between the two dates back quite some time.

Kesler stated that Saturday's tilt was revenge for what he said was a hit from behind in last season's second-round post-season loss to the Hawks.

''It started last year in the playoffs,'' Kesler said. ''He hit me (and) cross-checked me in the face when I wasn't looking.

''At least he was man enough to hit me when I was looking this time,'' said the 25-year-old.

The rematch in March between the two rivals will also mark Willie Mitchell's first game back at the United Center since his open-ice hit on Jonathan Toews in October that left the Hawks' captain with a concussion.
      Ladd kicks his ass in a fight, and suddenly Ladd is a coward? Suck it up, Kesler, you fight like a girly man and got outmatched.

Are there any Canucks or Canucks fans with integrity? Any at all?

Kesler has a rep for avoiding fights, as luck would have it. This is why, I guess.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Trouble in Flameville?

It's Brooks, but...

MONTREAL — Despite Calgary general manager Darryl Sutter’s adamant denial that Dion Phaneuf is on the trade market, another NHL GM yesterday told The Post that the Flames are “des…

Rangers don't seem 'desperate' Phaneuf

By LARRY BROOKS

Last Updated: 5:51 AM, January 24, 2010
        Posted: 2:23 AM, January 23, 2010

MONTREAL -- Despite Calgary general manager Darryl Sutter's adamant denial that Dion Phaneuf is on the trade market, another NHL GM yesterday told The Post that the Flames are "desperate" to move the defenseman and the annual $6.5 million cap hit he will carry through 2013-14.

Which leads us to the Rangers, a team in desperate need of size and toughness that just happened to be scouted by Daryl Sutter and pro scout Ron Sutter during the Blueshirts' 2-0 surrender in Philadelphia on Thursday.

The Blueshirts, who play Montreal tonight (7:00, WPIX, ESPN 1050 AM) in what should be a terrific Round 2 of the nasty battle they and the Canadiens waged at the Garden last Sunday, wouldn't have the cap space to accommodate the head-hunting, 24-year-old Phaneuf without sending either Michal Rozsival or Wade Redden the other way as part of the package.

Redden carries the same cap obligation for the same number of years as Phaneuf, so there's no reason to believe the Flames would be interested in him.

Beyond that, Redden likely has included Calgary on his eight-team no-trade list.

The Flames, who also scouted the Rangers at the Garden on Tuesday, might be willing to accept Rozsival, who has two years following this one remaining on his contract with an annual $5 million cap charge, but who will be owed just $7 million in salary after this season.

But Calgary is seeking help up front to bring back in a hypothetical Phaneuf trade.

The only reasonable target would be Brandon Dubinsky -- reasonable, that is, for the Flames, but entirely unreasonable for the Rangers, who are essentially bereft down the middle behind No. 17.

If Phaneuf, 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, were playing up to the reputation he established his first couple of years in the league as a Barry Beck-type multi-dimensional specimen, perhaps GM Glen Sather could justify moving one young piece for another to fill one hole even while creating another. Perhaps.

But Phaneuf isn't . . . and hasn't for a long time. Plus, adding that contract would tie up $34.425 million for the next two years in five players -- Phaneuf, Redden, Marian Gaborik, Chris Drury and Henrik Lundqvist.

That would be too much for too little.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz0dardFsFG
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Moving one of the Top 4 D-men is the obvious solution. Too much invested on D, not enough on O.

It's not going to be Regehr (too old, too reliable defensively), it's not going to be J-Bo (too new), and Sarich isn't going to get us a top-line forward.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Phaneuf traded for a top-line talent. Kovalchuk, for instance.

Comment

• Hahahahaha.

Really? Kovalchuk for Phaneuf?

Hahahahaha.

I might as well suggest Edler for Crosby, straight up.

Maybe Kovalchuk for Phaneuf, a first, second and third rounder.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm not sure you understand. Kovalchuk would be a rental, you ****ing ****.

I guess it's no surprise you're not up to speed on the contracts of Kovalchuk vs Phaneuf.

ATL can't re-sign Kovalchuk. If anything, Phaneuf (locked in on a long term contract) for Kovalchuk (UFA this year) would be lopsided for ATL.

Comment

• Hahahahaha.

In your dreams maybe.

Kovalchuk, again for a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd plus Phaneuf would be a good deal.

Phaneuf is about as much value as Roman Hamrlik right now. Same number of points, and a minus.

I'd compare him with Seabrook, but that's an insult to Seabrook. Edler is playing better than Phaneuf. Phaneuf right now is the 46th best defenseman based on points. He's an average quality number two defenseman. Certainly NHL calibre, but Kovalchuk is a superstar.

I should hope that Atlanta could get better value for Kovalchuk than Phaneuf.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Oh, sweet jesus Ben. shut the **** up.

Comment

• I'm seeing packages from the Toronto side of Kaberle, Hagman, Blake and Stalberg.

That, for people keeping score, is a top quality offensive defenseman (Kaberle is rated at number 4), plus 3 other young and up and comers.

And you are telling me that Phaneuf straight up is going to get the job done?

Hahahahahahahaha.

Comment

• I would seriously bet my next paycheque that Kovalchuk for Phaneuf straight up is not going to be the Kovalchuk trade.

Comment

• Ben, you clearly have no ****ing idea how player valuation in trades works in the NHL.

A player who is going to be a UFA is called a rental. You don't trade a player under contract to 2014 for a player who is under contract for two more months under a strict "which player is better" metric.

****ing ****.

Comment

• Atlanta can give two ****s about the current contract situation. They want players for Kovalchuk. They want prospects. This is their one chance at building a solid squad. They blow this by wasting Kovalchuk on an overrated turd like Phaneuf, they are done.

They don't mind taking the risk of player development, but the player has to show some hope of improvement.

I can totally see why you see the trade.

1. Gigantic homer goggles.
                          2. Your huge crush on Phaneuf.

If that's the best that Calgary can do, I can see Vancouver dipping in their prospect pool, and offering Schneider, Bieksa, and another couple prospects for Kovalchuk.

Comment

• Back on ignore you go for a while.

Schneider and Bieksa are prospects. Right. Holy ****.

Comment

• I'm currently #1 in the Poly regular draft league, thanks to a 7-0-1 week vs Sparrowhawk.
                              I'm still #4 in the Poly auction league, but I also beat Sparrow 7-0-1 there too. I had 3 shutouts last week in auction, too.

Tough break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                I'm currently #1 in the Poly regular draft league, thanks to a 7-0-1 week vs Sparrowhawk.
                                I'm still #4 in the Poly auction league, but I also beat Sparrow 7-0-1 there too. I had 3 shutouts last week in auction, too.

Tough break.

hmmm well in draft its super close-- I am tied with you in points-- I am actually shocked my draft team is anywhere near the top.

Auction? Despite some goalie ,meltdowns I seem to be doing just fine
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X