AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Are you suggesting that Chicago and Washington are not two of the top teams this year?
    Are you suggesting that raping children is okay as long as you're a priest or deaf?

I don't know. It sure sounds like that's what you're saying.

For once in your ****ing life, read what is written.

(And don't answer that -- we all know your moral fibre and I'm not sure we want to hear your answer)
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you suggesting that Chicago and Washington are not two of the top teams this year?

Just because the Canucks are good at it doesn't make it a meaningless stat.
      Ben, people need to use smaller words for you. Your reading comprehension is way off.

Nobody said goal diff was meaningless. It is obvious to state that the very best teams will have a very good goal differential. Its self-fulfilling-- If a team wins a lot they must have a positive goal differential in each of those games and if they are an elite team they may often win by several goals.

That is why it is something to question if a team has an elite level goal differential but a win-loss record that is fairly average. It hints at losing more of the close games than is generally considered "good" ( a very bad thing)-- and not getting blown out very much ( a good thing)
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Here's why goal diff is a terrible stat.

Calgary just lost this game 9-1 (may be even higher later, it's still going on). That's brutal for the goal differential, but it's also just one game.

A terrible, terrible, amazingly awful game.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• That is why it is something to question if a team has an elite level goal differential but a win-loss record that is fairly average.
          10 over is not average. That's my point. Take out loser points and you get a real feeling for the class of the league.

It hints at losing more of the close games than is generally considered "good" ( a very bad thing)-- and not getting blown out very much ( a good thing)
          It simply means they are unlucky and over the course of the season, we should expect them to win more and see the Canucks take their division.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• This is how the NHL works now. You win the shootout, you WIN THE GAME. That's why you get the "W".
            And how does this help us predict how a team will fare in the playoffs?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• (And don't answer that -- we all know your moral fibre and I'm not sure we want to hear your answer)
              Wow, I bet if I cut n pasted what you said to me I'd get banned. Thanks for elevating the debate here.

Comment

• It's not possible to elevate any debate with you. I'm just saying what we all suspect anyway.

Comment

• Glad to see Imran on the ball as usual.

What does this crap have to do with sports?

I get it, you hate me. Man, thanks for making me aware of this.

Comment

Glad to see Imran on the ball as usual.

What does this crap have to do with sports?

I get it, you hate me. Man, thanks for making me aware of this.
                    You're the one fixating on it.

I don't see the big deal. You constantly invent **** people say then spend many posts discussing it. It's offensive, it'd retarded, it's old, and you do it all the ****ing time. It's why people don't like you -- it has nothing to do with your opinions and beliefs, as ****ed up as they may be -- it has to do with you not having fundamental reading comprehension skills. Your offensive characterizations of other people's opinions derail threads and infuriate posters.

Don't cry when it happens to you. Suck it up, pack up your balls, and move on.

Comment

• Your offensive characterizations of other people's opinions derail threads and infuriate posters.
                      So that makes it ok, because you are offended to make **** up about me? Right.

Glad to see how things work in your world.

You'd be ok if I said nasty crap about you then? No. We've gone that route. You jump on the complaint button and I get banned whenever I call you out on your bull****.

Take this crap and put it somewhere else please.

Comment

So that makes it ok, because you are offended to make **** up about me? Right.

Glad to see how things work in your world.

You'd be ok if I said nasty crap about you then? No. We've gone that route. You jump on the complaint button and I get banned whenever I call you out on your bull****.

Take this crap and put it somewhere else please.
                        If you bend over I'd gladly put it somewhere else. If you want to keep discussing it, keep going.

At some point maybe you'll pay attention to what people write, and maybe then people would stop doing the same thing to you. The whole point was you made **** up about my positions (just as you have on a million issues in the past). I still don't think you comprehend that.

Comment

• It's called rhetoric. One of those things they teach arts students, btw.

Edit the post and I'll be happy to drop it.

It's entirely up to you Asher.

Comment

It's called rhetoric. One of those things they teach arts students, btw.
                            That's why arts students are stupid. Rhetoric doesn't need to be taught.

Edit the post and I'll be happy to drop it.

It's entirely up to you Asher.
                            I'm fine with continuing to bring attention to your questionable morals and complete inability to read what people write.

Go make a thread in the main forum about it. You should stop threadjacking this thread though, especially when the topic of discussion is your moral failings. We only have so much space.

Comment

• Why should I, you chose to dump this crap here.

Hmm, still no edit. I guess that means you want this to continue...

Comment

Why should I, you chose to dump this crap here.

Hmm, still no edit. I guess that means you want this to continue...
                                Stop threadjacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X