Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting matchups. Week 7: I'm 26-16 so far. +10.

1. Battle of the Bison, BK (6) vs the Duke (14).

Marshawn vs FJax. What's not to like? Marshawn came back after his injury and took back the starting job from FJax. Who will come out on top this week? Rarely do we see two RBs battling it out on the same team, especially on the Bills. This matchup has another quality line up with two of the top TEs in the business, Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. The biggest weakness of Duke O York has to do with his WRs. Michael Jenkins? Kevin Walter vs Colston and Ward? Ben Kenobi.

2. A tale of two QBs. Spaced (8) vs Zopper (3)

Technically supposed to be the headliner, and the marquee matchup. Brees vs Jason Campbell. Next up Freddy Vs Jason, in a prelude to halloween slasher flicks everywhere. Horrible, horrible matchup. Even assuming he adds another 20 points from bye week filler, this puts Spaced at 100 points, which is generous. I expect Zopper to get the blowout of the week, at 100 points, and a record which should stand for the year in the league. Belichick Magnets

3. 1 little two little three little indians.. Guynemer (7) vs Tuberski (12)

For once the KC game has a great significance in the matchup. 3 KC players are featured. That has to be a record. In these matchups we have Frank Gore + Darren Sproles against Houston and KC respectively. Add that to Thomas Jones vs Oakland. I note that Tuberski has chosen to start KC RB and a WR against the Chargers defense, which actually did ok against the run last week. I'm not a believer in Portis + Larry Johnson, but the matchup doesn't reflect the true strength of Tuberski. He should be starting Dallas Clark against the Rams, which should be enough to overcome the deficit. I don't believe that Thomas Jones is going to rack up 15 points, and Tuberski wins in a squeaker thanks to Peyton Manning and co. Hairball Express

4. Elvis has left the building. Jag (4) vs Snoopy (10)

Jag, on an uncharacteristic 2 game losing streak, finds himself running into a bye week against snoopy. Add 12 points to his team for Roethlisberger, makes this a tossup. He's got 5 players out this week, including Dumervil. Can he snap his losing streak against the hard luck Firemen? Forte hasn't brought much luck to Snoopy, and he won't again. Forte trashes the Cincy D, as the NYG clamp down on Fitzgerald after an embarassing loss last week. Jag

5. When life gives you a banana, make Daquiris. EPW (2) vs DDD (11).

What more could you ask for? Schaub against SF. Reggie Wayne against the Rams. How about a little of the Pocket Hercules? Standing in for MJD is the eponymous 'Rock' Cartwright. It's just not the same is it? Ordinarily, the excellent matchups wouldn't be cause for concern, except for the fact that the Brady Bunch plays Tampa, and Addai also plays the Rams. I think this is going to be a really close match down to the wire. My pick is Detroit Deity Dude in a squeaker, as Brady shows why he's the number one fantasy QB. DDD

6. House of the Rising Sun Berzerker (5) vs Koya (9)

Both teams have seen hard times. 2 weeks in both teams were 0-2, and 2 weeks later, one was 2-2 and the other was 0-4. This one is my headliner match. Peyton Manning and Moss could score 80 points combined. Koya has to hope that this doesn't happen again as he has some tough matchups. Sean Ryan and Sidney Rice aren't going to help him all that much, and will Welker be able to beat out Moss? I'm surprised to see his projections are so high. I can see 15, but 20? Moss should easily outscore him. Koya has one of the better RB platoons, with Slayton, Westbrook and Benson, but none of them have great matchups. I'm not a believer in Westbrook torching the Washington D, not when they struggled vs the Raiders. Berz

7. Everything's bigger in TX JRabbit (13) vs Slowwy (1)

On paper, one of the more lopsided matches. I have been wavering on this one all week. I'm going to go with another win to Slowwy just because he's from Texas. Yes, Texas people are cool. Seriously, 9 points for Amendola? I don't know about that, not when I've got Ted Ginn on the bench. JRabbit, for his extremely good WR corps, has a weird week, in where he's missing Marshall and Calvin Johnson. This is the true test of his RBs, Jonathan Stewart makes him much better, but is it good enough? Will Steve Smith suffer from the Eli flu? Will Hester + Cutler do well against the Cincy secondary? I'm still not a believer in the Cincy d, but then I have doubts about the Bears offense as well, so that's a wash for me. I'm going to go with Slowwy, but this one will go to Monday Night, with Cooley tipping him over the brink. Slowwy.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 24, 2009, 00:46.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I enjoy reading your and EPW's predictions. Adds some to the games.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Thanks.

I'm glad you enjoy reading them. Helps keep me up to date on where all the teams are...
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Standing in for MJD is the eponymous 'Rock' Cartwright.
          He's going to have the best game of his career Monday night.
          "

Comment

• He'd almost have to, wouldn't he?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Message heard. The trade will be allowed after 48 hrs.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Go here now:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                X