Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're right. We have to think of all the forum members and not just the ones involved in the fantasy football. I was being selfish.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• That whole thing was weird and out of the blue. Traditionally, each FF league has a draft thread and a draft discussion thread. During the season, FF discussion for all leagues tends to go in the 2012 Berz thread -- which BTW, was organizational originally -- while the draft-related threads drift to the bottom of the page. At the same time, an NFL season thread is created to separate fantasy from actual NFL football discussions.

Apparently, what with pervasive broadband, massive memory, and fast computers everywhere, the concept of "server load" is no longer a consideration in administering a forum. What a wonderful world!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That whole thing was weird and out of the blue.
        No kidding! I was shocked. Usually it's just "pick a thread guys", and we all go shuffle over to the Berz thread.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• A FYI from the thread I started just so it stays around after the thread drops like a rock...

Just a simple update on the rules concerning Fantasy Leagues threads...

After much discussion, the management doesn't have a problem with a fantasy league having both a discussion thread and a draft thread.
          We all understand the need to keep draft threads clear of discussions that will disrupt the actual drafts. If a Commish of a league see's a need for having a separate thread, the Commish of the league is free to start a discussion thread for his league.

Some have raised concerns of "Fantasy League" clutter, but frankly, this is only a minor concern during the actual drafts. After the drafts are over, the draft threads will drop, and the single league discussion thread will continue. And as always in the past, each sports challenge, whether it's the Lombardi pick em, Yahoo Golf, College Football pick em or whatever are always welcome to their own thread on top of the regular general individual sports threads.

In addition, we also don't have a problem with the "generic" Fantasy football thread for those to discuss fantasy in general outside the focus of any individual league.

And as always, we welcome any CIVIL input on the rules of this site.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... A simple reminder of a rule that will NOT change...

If you have a problem with a mod, take it up with them via PM... Or Contact the Forum Administrator (ME) or the Owner of this site... again, VIA PM.

Do NOT start insulting threads, or rant and rave in the threads. We will not tolerate those kind of childish actions.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Sigh... all the work I did on the HOF in February is lost. Two years worth of updates, gone.

The Good News... anticipating some event like this, I have all the posts formatted in a spread sheet ready to be put back. And, I even saved all the avatars onto my computer so that won't even be an issue.

The Bad News... It will probably take 3 to 4 hours of straight work to recreate what was lost. Fortunately, I saved all the results from the three NCAA events that I hadn't added yet.

Hopefully, I can start the process in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to wait a little bit just in case he finds a way to forums back.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Great anticipation, Ming.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Great job updating bro.
                Nice to see all the new additions.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• But I still didn't win IDP 2014 Championship and it was still Jaguar that was victorious in his retirement game.

Comment

• Amazing! Thanks Ming!

@ Coldwiz - you retired Jaguar you bastard!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post

But I still didn't win IDP 2014 Championship and it was still Jaguar that was victorious in his retirement game.
                      Ill make that correction... I still have the totals to do and a little more cleaning up, but the bulk of the work is done for now.
                      I'll try to finish the rest tonight.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• YEAH BABY... All done!
                        All events that I'm aware of have been included.

Thanks for all your patience in this matter, but Ground Hog Day really sucked.

So again... I need your help.
                        Please post recaps in this thread as events end.
                        If you see events that were missed, feel free to research them and post the information here.
                        If you see something that needs to be corrected, please post it here.

AGAIN... THANK YOU POLY MEMBERS for all your help in the past and in the future.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Amazing! Thanks Ming!

@ Coldwiz - you retired Jaguar you bastard!
                          Actually, it turns out we retired each other. He already knew he was done, and I just drifted away from it afterward. Fitting that he won though, since he was actually good at it.

Comment

• I'm not sad. It's no coincidence that I won the year that he left.

Comment

• As we're all awaiting the update with all the baseball results.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                As we're all awaiting the update with all the baseball results.
                                And I got off my lazy ass and updated it. Both Baseball Leagues and Golf have been added.
                                Next update will be after the Football Season.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X