This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're already wasting that roster spot on Bertuzzi, anyway
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      You're already wasting that roster spot on Bertuzzi, anyway

I wasn't fond of Bertuzzi and am still not-- Bute purely on the hockey side, he has attributes that could help the team. I am hoping that his crashing the net will open up lanes for Iggy
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I think Edmonton is going to make the playoffs. Even without the legendary Gilbert Brule, who they just demoted.
        What's funny about sending Brule down?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

What's funny about sending Brule down?
          He's damaged goods. As bad as Torres was, at least he made the team.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Odd evaluation.

I think the Oilers viewed him as a reclamation project with high end pay off.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Maybe I'm just bitter because Calgary's done the reclamation projects...a lot...

let's just say, good luck with that.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Philly just lost to their farm team in a pre-season game. 4-2.

Comment

Flubbster,

Here's the lines the Flames practiced with before flying out to hempville:

Bertuzzi-Cammalleri-Iginla
                  Bourque-Langkow-Lombardi
                  Glencross-Conroy-Moss
                  Boyd-Primeau-Roy

Phaneuf-Giordano
                  Aucoin-Regehr
                  Sarich-Vandermeer

Apparently the Canucks are sitting Wellwood because he's not going to fare well against "physical" teams like Calgary.

Comment

Flubbster,

Here's the lines the Flames practiced with before flying out to hempville:

Bertuzzi-Cammalleri-Iginla
                    Bourque-Langkow-Lombardi
                    Glencross-Conroy-Moss
                    Boyd-Primeau-Roy

Phaneuf-Giordano
                    Aucoin-Regehr
                    Sarich-Vandermeer

Apparently the Canucks are sitting Wellwood because he's not going to fare well against "physical" teams like Calgary.
                    Ahh the d is the way I predicted...(for the moment)

Forwards?

I'm disappointed for Boyd-- he kicked ASS in camp and DESERVES at least that 3rd line spot. Not to mention that he and Glencross-Moass seemed to have chemistry. I would have taken Conroy aside and told him Isee a big role for him but for now I had to see how long Boyd's hot streak will last.

I'm also disappointed but not shocked to see Primeau ahead of Prust and Nystrom-- I like what those two buzzsaws bring to a team. Roy? No shock that the Flames like to dress a goon. Last year Godard was actually reasonably good in his non-fighting time-- hopefully Roy will be the same.

But Keenan seems to like his veterans

Top lines? Pretty much as predicted except they dropped Langkow to 2nd line and promoted Cammy. That surprises me a little because Lombardi strikes me as a better centre than winger plus Lankow and Iginla were pretty much joined together last year. But as an owner of Cammalleri in a pool it should make me somewhat happy
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How the **** did Dustin Boyd get sent down to the minors?

I'm ****ing pissed.

Comment

And Warrener has somehow ended up on the IR? He didn't look injured last game he played, DAYS AGO, and is injured on the eve of the first game...?

Comment

The Chicago Blackhawks have claimed defenseman Doug Janik on waivers from the Dallas Stars and have traded him back to the Stars in exchange for a conditional draft pick.

Brett Hull must be pissed. But that's hilarious.

Comment

How the **** did Dustin Boyd get sent down to the minors?

I'm ****ing pissed.
                            Apparently he has been "assigned" but he actually isn't going anywhere. Fan960 indicated he will stay with the Calgary team.

I don't claim to understand why Warrener now cannot be sent down but assuming that for some reason thats true-- still WTF-- Boyd??

Darryl Sutter apparently explained that Boyd was the only guy that could be sent down without having to clear waivers. But to my thinking I would send "down" Primeau -- I'm assuming his salary would be enough (not sure though) and if someone else picked him up, I wouldn't reallly mind

Comment

The Chicago Blackhawks have claimed defenseman Doug Janik on waivers from the Dallas Stars and have traded him back to the Stars in exchange for a conditional draft pick.

Brett Hull must be pissed. But that's hilarious.
                              Not bad ...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Apparently he has been "assigned" but he actually isn't going anywhere. Fan960 indicated he will stay with the Calgary team.

I don't claim to understand why Warrener now cannot be sent down but assuming that for some reason thats true-- still WTF-- Boyd??

Darryl Sutter apparently explained that Boyd was the only guy that could be sent down without having to clear waivers. But to my thinking I would send "down" Primeau -- I'm assuming his salary would be enough (not sure though) and if someone else picked him up, I wouldn't reallly mind
                                Boyd is back now. Warrener got moved to the long-term IR, even though he's not injured ( ), which cleared up cap space.

Warrener apparently refused to go to the Quad-Cities to play, so here we go.

Comment

Working...
                                X