Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news: Terrible game for the Flames, Kipper.

Good news: I don't need to stay up late.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Bad news: Terrible game for the Flames, Kipper.

Good news: I don't need to stay up late.
      Yup

Its actually typical of a number of Flames Canucks games last year-- Flames get some chances but Luongo shuts them down-- Canucks gets some chances and score and then score again-- the momentum swings entirely and thats the ball game.

NO bright spots for the flames at at all-- The canucks turned it into a good old ass-thumping as they highlighted some of the mediocrity of the Flames defensive zone coverage-- blown backchecks-- defensive miscues-- I don't for a second believe the Canucks are as good as they look tonight

Its only one game but it does bring into focus the fact that their defense may not have a GREAT defensive d-man-- Regehr has been that for the Flames in the past and showed flashes of it again last year.

I know its only one game but frankly I expected a afr better all around effort
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

So this was the SIXTH straight season opener the Flames have lost-- weird--

The game came down to this... The Flames were reasonably good in the first period but trailed 1-0. Two quick goals on defensive lapses made it 3-0 and allowed the Canucks a comfort zone and they took over for the most part. Luongo was excellent. Kipper? well 6 goals on 23 shots is not a great night even if too many of them were real quality chances.

Bottom line is that the Canucks played defense while the Flames did not. I know Regehr was away but if team defense crumbles that badly with the absence of one player, the team has big problems

Keenan? Seemed to start juggling his lines right from the outset. I actually don't much believe in that at this stage. I always thought it might be better to give guys a game or two together instead of a shift or two
        Last edited by Flubber; October 10, 2008, 09:49.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

What genius at CBC decided to put Marc Crawford on colour duty tonight...?

Not only has he played against the Flames 8 times a year for years in an intense rivalry, one of the current Flames' star players is suing him...
          Sounds like someone with a brain at CBC
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            So this was the SIXTH straight season opener the Flames have lost-- weird--

The game came down to this... The Flames were reasonably good in the first period but trailed 1-0. Two quick goals on defensive lapses made it 3-0 and allowed the Canucks a comfort zone and they took over for the most part. Luongo was excellent. Kipper? well 6 goals on 23 shots is not a great night even if too many of them were real quality chances.

Bottom line is that the Canucks played defense while the Flames did not. I know Regehr was away but if team defense crumbles that badly with the absence of one player, the team has big problems

Keenan? Seemed to start juggling his lines right from the outset. I actually don't much believe in that at this stage. I always thought it might be better to give guys a game or two together instead of a shift or two
            I'm loathing Keenan. He never permits the players to play together to generate chemistry and familiarity. I don't know what the **** it is, but last year and this year (and to a lesser extent under Playfair too), the Flames give up massive amounts of odd-man rushes or have completely blown assignments. It's extremely aggravating.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Sounds like someone with a brain at CBC
              Yeah, put a brutal colour guy in any situation on a season opening game where he's got clear biases. Genius.

Probably the same guy who let TSN steal the Hockey Night theme.

Comment

You guy seen GameCenter?

It looks pretty slick. I'm not sure what's free and what will be subscription only ($199/yr...kind of steep). But lots of cool features.

Comment

Coach's corner :These guys are hilarious!!
                  bleh

Comment

Yeah, put a brutal colour guy in any situation on a season opening game where he's got clear biases. Genius.

Probably the same guy who let TSN steal the Hockey Night theme.
                    Genius, in that it has you thinking and talking about CBC... it would be like having Mike Piazza announce a Roger Clemens start. Ratings gold
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Tanguay-- Four points already tonight-- I wanted him in both leagues but was happy to get him in the auction one. I know its only one game ( and Detroit Toronto THursday shows how meaningless any one game can be) but that Montreal power play looks just AMAZING

Comment

• Iginla kicking ass and taking names.

You see him pop Mitchell with the surprise left? Man, what a hockey player.

Comment

• Canucks have found another loophole.

Apparently you can kick the puck CLEAR out over the glass in your own end and it's not a penalty, 'cause it didn't go off the stick...

And then a brutal call on Bertuzzi to give the Canucks a PP with ~1:30 to go.

Comment

• And of course a million blatant non-calls in OT.

****. Only the 2nd game of the season and I'm already incensed by the reffing.

That trip by Burrows is what set up the winning 2 on 1.

Comment

• Week 1

Code:
                              Rank    Team                 W-L-T  Pct Pts Last Week Wv Mvs 
                                1.   Matthew Modines       5-0-3 .813  13   5-0-3    2   1 
                                2.   Road Kill             6-2-0 .750  12   6-2-0   11   1 
                                3.   Malicious Pacifists   6-2-0 .750  12   6-2-0    7   2 
                                4.   Derelique My Balls    4-2-2 .625  10   4-2-2   13   - 
                                5.   The Pantless Pirates  4-2-2 .625  10   4-2-2   14   6 
                                6.   Blaine's Bruisers     4-2-2 .625  10   4-2-2   12   - 
                                7.   Haunted House Boos    2-2-4 .500   8   2-2-4    4   3 
                                8.   Ice Hawks             2-2-4 .500   8   2-2-4    8   - 
                                9.   CrONoS_QC             2-4-2 .375   6   2-4-2    6   1 
                               10.   Flubber's Folly       2-4-2 .375   6   2-4-2    5   5 
                               11.   Kanadiens             2-4-2 .375   6   2-4-2    3   - 
                               12.   Calamitous Intent     2-6-0 .250   4   2-6-0    1   - 
                               13.   Siddiqui Storm        2-6-0 .250   4   2-6-0    9   1 
                               14.   Televised Hawks       0-5-3 .188   3   0-5-3   10   1
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Are you going to post the standings every week or just when you are in teh top 2 or so?

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X